Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Iva and resit costs
Mr Whippy

posted on 3/8/20 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
Iva and resit costs

Hi

What's a ball park iva and resit cost these days?

Looking at a Robin Hood 2b plus today and want to know how much it will take to finish....

Thanks

[Edited on 3/8/20 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
40inches

posted on 3/8/20 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
I would think that IVA and registration would somewhere around the £6-700 mark.
Of course nowadays you would have to tax any car you purchase, so you could probably deduct that cost from the final figure?

[Edited on 3-8-20 by 40inches]

Deckman001

posted on 3/8/20 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
When i looked early this year the IVA cost was £450 and retests were £80 each.

They've probably changed by now though seeing as the Government are short of money !!

Jason

starterman

posted on 3/8/20 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
£450 and £90.

Just paid the £450

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/8/20 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Ah right that's not too bad. Thanks.

I've just had a look at the car and I think I'll buy it if my wife doesn't kill me when I tell her...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Deckman001

posted on 3/8/20 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Ah right that's not too bad. Thanks.

I've just had a look at the car and I think I'll buy it if my wife doesn't kill me when I tell her...

Good luck with that matey, mine still isn't keen about my kit car as i keep finding little things I have to buy getting it closer to an IVA first test when I was further away from it being ready than I thought.

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/8/20 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah well I have no projects now so I'm feeling very bored, hopefully giving the guy the deposit today.
Mr Whippy

posted on 3/8/20 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Well wife was just fine with it and I've told the guy I'll take it so only now got to arrange transport to take it back

This is it btw, Sierra based, 1.6 Pinto dual choke webber. Comes with windscreen, side screens and hood too. £2200 runs & drives fine but just needs some final finishing for an IVA.

Deckman001

posted on 4/8/20 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like a great basic car, well done you and keep looking forward to getting it on the road.

Just start a list of things to change,
1. side repeaters, need moving from side of body to outside top lip of front cycle wing then fill in 'hole' with a black rubber blind grommet.

Jason

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.