Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Headlights for my locost for IVA
Deckman001

posted on 19/10/20 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
Headlights for my locost for IVA

As in the title, I need a set of headlights suitable for IVA. Anyone got any lurking around before I have to buy a brand new set ?

Jason

Mr Whippy

posted on 19/10/20 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
I don't have any to sell you.

But I'd suggest you don't buy some cheap sealed beam units with the lens moulded into the glass as they often have dreadful light patterns. I think it's partly due to them being a copy of a copy etc. and the lens is just a poorly defined wobble in the glass. My landrover had these when I got it (made by Ring) and the pattern was a mess and I could hardly see anything at night. I switched to these crystal clear ones with the reflector in the mirror and wow what a difference. I shall be using these again on the 2b.

linky

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Deckman001

posted on 19/10/20 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah good point, I have popped into CBS today to pick up some other bits and got a recommendation as to which headlights of theirs to buy which could sail through IVA. His reply was 7" black headlamp, HL181BK £35 each (£42 inc vat).

So if no one has any lamps that i could use for my IVA then that's my next option. It is a shame though to have to put 7" lamps on there instead of my original 4" ones that failed.

Jason

Mr Whippy

posted on 19/10/20 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
I prefer the bigger 7 inch ones as it gives the car a face one of the reasons I don't like the black LED type lights
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Johnmor

posted on 19/10/20 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

I use those 7" black for my first Viento

Set the beam up against my garage door after marking position using my daily driver, passed SVA with no comment

steve m

posted on 19/10/20 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with Mr Whippy. the 7" headlights on a 7 look IMHO so much better than the small ish ones, yet the small ones do look good on some non 7 styled cars like the F1 replicars etc

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

car man

posted on 19/10/20 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
u2u sent
Deckman001

posted on 19/10/20 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by car man
u2u sent

Cheers Paul, and replied to

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 21/10/20 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
I used these ones:

https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/5-34-complete-headlamp-black

Glued a bit of edge trim around the rim just to be sure; failed on alignment rather than anything else. A bit more expensive than the 7" ones, but closer to your original lights.

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

Deckman001

posted on 21/10/20 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi all, ,I think via u2u's I have now sorted them.
Am hoping to arrange pick up in a week or so so will be trying to do everything else by then.

Cheers all.

Jason

James

posted on 22/10/20 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
I used 7" ones.

I couldn't believe how good the lighting was compared to my road cars!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Deckman001

posted on 22/10/20 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
I used 7" ones.

I couldn't believe how good the lighting was compared to my road cars!

Cheers James, Am currently waiting for a delivery of Diodes to sort my Fog light issue, then I can get the car back to my garage man to sort the suspension/ self centering, weld in the chassis plate and reset my ignition so as to get lower emissions.
Then it's just the head lights and manufacturers plate to arrange, then i can try to re book the test.

Jason

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.