Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ticking Citroen C1 windscreen wiper
David Jenkins

posted on 12/12/20 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Ticking Citroen C1 windscreen wiper

I know that members of this forum know absolutely everything, so here we go...

The single wiper on my wife's Citroen C1 works as it should, apart from when it reverses direction on the driver's side. As it reverses direction there's a loud tick noise as if something has hit the windscreen.

I have checked the wiper blade, its holder and the arm itself. There's no play, and everything seems to be at the correct angles - no sign of bending or damage.

Has anyone else come across this problem? It's the same mechanism as the Peugeot and Toyota equivalent cars, so perhaps someone has seen this elsewhere.

Any clues?

cliftyhanger

posted on 13/12/20 at 05:42 AM Reply With Quote
Does it do this if the wiper blade is removed (use a pad of something to prevent screen damage) as the blade, despite being checked, is the likely culprit. Especially as it appears that approximately teh source of the noise.
(or plan b, try a new blade)

rusty nuts

posted on 13/12/20 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
It’s a bomb! In the best Peter Sellers french accent of course.
As Cliff has said ,lift the arm from the screen and try it. Can’t remember if the C1 uses any linkage or if the wiper arm is fitted direct to the motor output shaft but it might be worth checking the nut on the wiper spindle is tight?

David Jenkins

posted on 13/12/20 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cliftyhanger
Does it do this if the wiper blade is removed (use a pad of something to prevent screen damage) as the blade, despite being checked, is the likely culprit. Especially as it appears that approximately teh source of the noise.
(or plan b, try a new blade)

I'll have a go when it stops raining - if it does!

It's an almost new wiper blade... but it was put on because it was ticking with the old one as well. It stopped ticking for a while when the new wiper was fitted, but now it's started again.

Ah well - another job to do...

jacko

posted on 13/12/20 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
Are the wipers genuine manufactured or copies ? It’s funny how the clicking stoped for a time as if something is wearing out befor starting again
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 14/12/20 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
It's not something daft like the wiper blade rocking as the wiper arm changes direction. Sounds unlikely, but I've had that type of annoyance before. Usually solved with a new OEM wiper blade. Personally I've found Bosch wiper blades to work well for me in terms of cost vs. lifespan and effectiveness.
Russell

posted on 14/12/20 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
By far the best wiper blade for the C1 (and its Peugeot and Toyota cousins) is the Denso 26" hybrid blade. Euro Car Parts code 485778266. About £15.

I'm a bilingual illiterate. I can't read in two languages.

David Jenkins

posted on 14/12/20 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jacko
Are the wipers genuine manufactured or copies ? It’s funny how the clicking stoped for a time as if something is wearing out befor starting again
Jacko

It was Citroen's own - so could be anybody's!

[Edited on 14/12/20 by David Jenkins]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.