Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recommended me a removable steering wheel
Mr Whippy

posted on 14/12/20 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Recommended me a removable steering wheel

Hi, now that I've fitted the seats and the steering column. I've realised that due to me not keeping up with my gymnastics and contortionist training. Every time I want to go for a drive I will have to break both my legs, which could make the car less appealing.

Hence I have decided to be a bit of a wimp and fit a removable steering wheel instead. Its Sierra based and has to pass the IVA and not be expensive and I'm happy to weld something on.

Any recommendations? Ta in advance

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jenko

posted on 14/12/20 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
I cant recommend the GO RACE products highly enough:

GO RACE

Most certainly not the 'locost' option, but quality is fantastic.

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

big_wasa

posted on 14/12/20 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
Definitely a mod for after Iva.
Jenko

posted on 14/12/20 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
The Wetsifled IVA steering wheels come up for sale quite frequently as most ditch them after IVA. They have a specifically design pad, and you can buy a removable boss kit

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

peter030371

posted on 14/12/20 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
I have had 2 from Go Race, both work perfectly
Mr Whippy

posted on 14/12/20 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
Definitely a mod for after Iva.

Yeah that was the plan but seriously its painful getting in, even standing on the seat. Not helped by me being quite short so the seats move quite a bit in.

Thanks for the suggestion, they look fine apart from the pink colour!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 14/12/20 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jenko
The Wetsifled IVA steering wheels come up for sale quite frequently as most ditch them after IVA. They have a specifically design pad, and you can buy a removable boss kit

Cheers I'll look into that

starterman

posted on 14/12/20 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
Take some advice from one that failed his IVA because of it, fit an OE wheel and put up with it for one day.
Mr Whippy

posted on 15/12/20 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by starterman
Take some advice from one that failed his IVA because of it, fit an OE wheel and put up with it for one day.

Oh right thanks for the warning. Looks like I need to start doing some exercise...

Dingz

posted on 15/12/20 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Can you raise the column any more?

Phoned the local ramblers club today, but the bloke who answered just
went on and on.

Mr Whippy

posted on 15/12/20 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dingz

I could raise it by about an inch and it is adjustable and the current wheel is a small aftermarket one. Still very tight.

nick205

posted on 16/12/20 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by starterman

I didn't fail my SVA on this, but chose to fit the donor Sierra steering wheel for the test. Afterwards I replaced it with a smaller diameter (non removable) steering wheel to improve the feel (and look) of the car.

For the sake of the test fit and OEM/donor steering wheel and live with it. Change it afterwards.

Mr Whippy

posted on 17/12/20 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dingz

I've cut the bracket and raised the column by just an inch and can now get in ok. I think it's going to be fine now amazing what such an little change like that makes... Cheers for all the help

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.