Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Honda CBR engine removing / instalation
Andrzejsr

posted on 21/12/20 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
Honda CBR engine removing / instalation

Hello!

I am looking for advices regarding safe (for me, car and for the engine) remove and installation of this engine.

Maybe someone can point me to some pictures where to attach rope / chain ? some pictures how it was done ?
Tried to find something in the internet, but only see motorcycles advices, but they put the engine down. And in the kitcar (MNR Vortx) I need to take it up over the chasis .

https://aswestfield.wordpress.com/

ReMan

posted on 21/12/20 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
There are no particular lift points on the engine. Like you say in a bike they'd drop them down/wiggle out sideways
If yo have them then I'd just rope under it and round it , avoiding the intake/starter etc.
But you also may be able to lift out artached to the cradle, in which case its an easy job for 2 people

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

adithorp

posted on 22/12/20 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
If it's an MNR then they usually mount on a cradle/frame that bolts to the chassis rails plus a lower mounting point. If you remove the lower mounting point then unbolt the cradle from the chassis, you should be able to use that to lift it. One person each side should be able to lift it up and out.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Edwardo

posted on 22/12/20 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
How old is the CBR engine?

The CBR1000F engine has a couple of useful holes on the sides of the head which are tapped M8 fine thread. I fitted a couple of bolts in and lift/lower from those. I don't think the Fireblade CBR's have these holes though do they? :-

Andrzejsr

posted on 22/12/20 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Thank You All for help!

The engine is I think 2016 , will look for some threated holes in it . On Your picture Edwardo it looks like this is the place I was not looking as - under the coolant intake to engine close to chasis wall so narrow space , but it might be the point to catch.

As for the chasis it looks like all mouting points are welded to chasis - it is an MNR Vortx Inboard .Dont know differences between different MNR's.

With the hands that is what I was adwised too in WSCC forum, but I am affraid about my spine so would prefer to have some assitance with safe hanging.
OK have some ideas now, thak You again for opoinions and experience!

https://aswestfield.wordpress.com/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.