Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New registration and first road Tax question?
Deckman001

posted on 20/4/21 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
New registration and first road Tax question?

Hi all, I have just a received an email from the DVLA informing me that I must have a Q, whhich i cannot argue with so will happily accept, but the tax is stated as £280 for 12 months and £145 for 6 months. My engine is a 1598 1979 x/flow that passed the emissions test at IVA.

What are other 1598 xflow users paying for their tax ? I had assumed it would be a lot cheaper and I actually can't find any record of the above figures on the V149 Rates of Vehicle Tax.

Jason

CosKev3

posted on 20/4/21 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Kit cars are PLG,so you are stuck with that tax cost!
CosKev3

posted on 20/4/21 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
Only bike engined ones under 1549cc get cheaper tax
Deckman001

posted on 20/4/21 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Got ya, that makes sense, silly me for thinking it was wrong !!
Thanks for the reply and explanation

Jason

gremlin1234

posted on 20/4/21 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Only bike engine ones under 1549cc get cheaper tax
it does not matter if its a bike engine or originally a car engine, the break point is 1549cc.

so you could have say a Triumph Spitfire 1500 engine, and it would be in the lower class

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables/rates-for-cars-and-light-goods-vehicles-registered-before-1-march-2001

James

posted on 20/4/21 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Deckman001
Hi all, I have just a received an email from the DVLA informing me that I must have a Q, whhich i cannot argue with so will happily accept, but the tax is stated as £280 for 12 months and £145 for 6 months. My engine is a 1598 1979 x/flow that passed the emissions test at IVA.

What are other 1598 xflow users paying for their tax ? I had assumed it would be a lot cheaper and I actually can't find any record of the above figures on the V149 Rates of Vehicle Tax.

Jason

Gone are the days of getting registration and plates on the drive home from the test eh?

Those were the days!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

CosKev3

posted on 20/4/21 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Only bike engine ones under 1549cc get cheaper tax
it does not matter if its a bike engine or originally a car engine, the break point is 1549cc.

so you could have say a Triumph Spitfire 1500 engine, and it would be in the lower class

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables/rates-for-cars-and-light-goods-vehicles-registered-before-1-march-2001

Yeah any engine under 1549cc,not many people run car engines that small in kit cars though!

Deckman001

posted on 21/4/21 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James

Gone are the days of getting registration and plates on the drive home from the test eh?

Those were the days!

Yeah, sorting registration now has to be posted to them and then a call back or letter received about paying the costs via a cheque or postal order as over the phone payments aren't set up for them for some reason.

Will be sorting the payment this evening so that I can get the Tax covered starting from 1st May, yes, I can't wait !!

Jason

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.