Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Short term Pickup insurance

posted on 20/5/21 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
Short term Pickup insurance

I know of all the sites offering short term car insurance.

But need short term insurance on a New (To me) L200 pickup
Maybe a few weeks, where I will transfer number plates and sell my current car and then swap my current insurance over.

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

posted on 20/5/21 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Before you commit, have you checked your existing insurer will cover the L200?

I've had 5 L200s and not many companies will cover them especially for private use, I use LV.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member

posted on 20/5/21 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Existing insurer may well give cover for both vehicles for a temp period, I would talk to them

A;ternatively try A plan Thatcham, they seem to be able to insure just about anything!

Furore Formula Car - the only two seater modern Formula Car lookalike. I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   russbost 's Aim

posted on 20/5/21 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
They will cover until the policy needs renewed, in around 6 weeks, if I need to, but I plan to use my existing car anyway.
Its more about moving the no claims discount to a new insurer at that point.

Basically wanting to tax it and insurance to drive it home (Private sale, so no dealer insurance).

It will be stored off the road, until I need to use it, when my other car is sold.
I can't sell the existing car until the New V5 arrives back from DVLA without the private reg on it.
Then I will stick that plate on the L200 when its V5 arrives and look for "van" insurance then, which I have quotes for.

Complicated I know !

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [ 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.