Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AJ30 Jag V6 - Standalone ECU Parameters
Rory G

posted on 27/9/21 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
AJ30 Jag V6 - Standalone ECU Parameters

Bit of context, I've installed a 3.0 AJ30 Jaguar V6 engine from a 2001 S-Type into a TVR S2. Similar to the Ford Duratec v6, but with variable valve timing. An absolute nightmare but I'm beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm now looking for any data I can get to help with the initial start-up as I understand some people on here have carried out similar conversions.

I'm after information on injectors, coils, and sensor values if possible. Alternatively if someone doesn't mind sending a base map I can extract what I need from that to get me going!

40inches

posted on 27/9/21 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
What ECU?
Rory G

posted on 27/9/21 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Ah missed that.
I'll be using an Ecumaster Emu, so this should allow fully sequential operation (once I've figured out the cam trigger pattern)
I'll have 1 Wideband. Retaining the IMT valves, standard alternator, COPs and injectors etc.

CosKev3

posted on 28/9/21 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
I've just got mine running on a Mondeo coilpack running batch fire injection, runs like a dream and makes great power.
Such a simple engine to run like this,crank sensor,TPS,coolant temp sensor and air temp sensor and it's running!
What's you reason for wanting to run fully sequential?
My mapper says there are no gains to be had power or running wise,just more things to go wrong and more hours on the RR to map it!

sdh2903

posted on 28/9/21 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
I have fully sequential and was no drama to map at all. Even from the dreadful barely running emerald base map it was mapped in 3 and a bit hours. Only 2 wires for 1 cam sensor. Cops can be problematic if using the donor ones. I fitted a full new set of ngk coils for less than it would have cost to swap to a new edis 6 coil and custom leads.

I was told the fully sequential was better/smoother at low engine speeds and better economy and the engine was designed to run fully sequential so why not use it. You pays your money you takes your choice......

Emerald asked me what config I was running and the ecu came pre programmed for it.

Rory G

posted on 28/9/21 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Tbh I was going to go in another direction and buy a speeduino and run wasted spark, but this one came up and has all the appropriate drivers for the COPs. The only reason I will go for sequential is because I can, although it would be easier to go for batch fire...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [ 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.