Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ULEZ
number-1

posted on 5/2/22 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
ULEZ

Anyone from the London area know anything about ULEZ? My 2011 diesel Megane is liable for the ULEZ charge according to the website. Someone suggested i get it tested as if the test is under the set number then i can apply to get the record changed so i dont have to pay the charge.

Has anyone heard of this or done it?

N1

Mr Whippy

posted on 5/2/22 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Given the last few years revelations about diesel emissions, I wouldn't be surprised if you got it tested and you where even more over the limit.

Tbh I'd take such claims that you can change you cars figures with a large pinch of salt as the manufactures go to great lengths and cost to get them as low as they possibly can. That's with new cars and laboratory conditions (fake).

[Edited on 5/2/22 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 5/2/22 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
There's literally no chance you'll come in under - Euro6 is a whole different level of emission control over Euro 4 or 5.

Simon

posted on 5/2/22 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
There are some motorcycles that are being tested but iirc the test is around a couple of hundred quid so not really worth doing unless you a) are successful and b) go into the zone regularly.

Trouble is, the train is such a rip of, it's a debate whether to pay the ULEZ or BR!

I met some old work friends I hadn't seen in 35 years beginning of December so drove to Minories car park (outside congestion zone) and Insignia was ok for ULEZ so it cost a about a tenner in diesel and 4 quid parking. Now I have an old Espace and my m/c is a 27 year old K1100RS neither or which are ULEZ compliant....

chillis

posted on 6/2/22 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
And that's the point of ULEZ, to get you out of older more polluting cars.

I met some old work friends I hadn't seen in 35 years beginning of December so drove to Minories car park (outside congestion zone) and Insignia was ok for ULEZ so it cost a about a tenner in diesel and 4 quid parking. Now I have an old Espace and my m/c is a 27 year old K1100RS neither or which are ULEZ compliant....

Never under estimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

BenB

posted on 6/2/22 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
I think the test is only possible for motorbikes
scudderfish

posted on 6/2/22 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
I'm amazed that my V8 Fury is exempt

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.