Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BMW 2-Series Active Tourer
John P

posted on 20/2/22 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
BMW 2-Series Active Tourer

I've just been looking at reviews of the original BMW 2-Series Active Tourer.

Although there are some adverse comments these seem to be because the reviews compare them with other series of BMW which are definitely more
driver's cars.

Just wondered if anyone had any personal experience of one. I'd probably be looking at a 2015 car and with an eye on minimizing running costs as I'm now retired.

John.

Sanzomat

posted on 20/2/22 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
I had the Gran Tourer which is basically the same car with a bigger boot and a third row of seats. These two cars were the first BMWs with front wheel drive and so came up for a lot of flack from traditional BMW purists for whom a BMW has to have the rear wheels driven.

I went for a 216d in luxury trim as there was un unregistered pre facelift one in stock and the lease firm I leased it through had it available at a crazy cheap monthly rental as apparently it had to go that month or be pre-registered and sold as "used" Mine was a 2017 model year but I got it in July 2018.

I rather liked it. The 216d engine is, I believe, the same as fitted to the (BMW) mini diesel and had no problem propelling the car as a daily driver and even towing a trailer with a GTM on it to track days. I understand that quite a few parts are shared with the mini range so relatively easy to get. I found it very comfortable, easy to drive and reasonably frugal. It corners okay but a tendency to understeer but like any other reasonably well sorted front wheel drive car.

For me the only down side is the blind spot due to the double A pillar - when pulling out of junctions you have to physically move your head back and forward as its amazing what can hide behind that double pillar.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.