Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Well, here's a blast from the past!
russbost

posted on 30/3/22 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Well, here's a blast from the past!

Morning All,

I've just been contacted by a couple of guys in Germany about my original twin engined Furore which has resurfaced over there, still in amaxingly good condition I'm pleased to say. It was only ever built as a one-off for me & the engineering was rudimentary to say the least due to very limited facilites & little knowledge of thge kit industry as a whole at that time.

There's a video about it here, it's in German, but if you skip the first couple of mins you'll get to the car, I've been sent a rough precis here

"Marco Degenhardt, owner of Halle 77, a workshop / museum specializing (mostly) in cars from around 1970 to 2000, has been offered an F1 replica car and drives to the seller to pick it up. The seller says he inherited the car from his uncle who used to live in England and it had been standing on his property for two years. The rest of the video is basically Marco and his team trying to get the car running again and figure out how it all works."

I was just really chuffed to see the car again & know it's now in good hands!

Link to video

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
nick205

posted on 30/3/22 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
ACE

Always nice to know where your creations get to

After selling my MK Indy to a guy in the UK I followed it's ownership from the UK across to the Netherlands. Lost touch with after that.

JoelP

posted on 30/3/22 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Difficult when they go abroad. I still wonder what happened to Q83UDS.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

russbost

posted on 30/3/22 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
A lot of mine are abroad, 5 now in Germany, one in Canada, 2 in the States, one in Hong Kong!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
johnH20

posted on 5/4/22 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Just seen this Russ - absolutely brilliant! My German is a bit rusty but I got 90% of it. New owner is amazed at your ingenuity but obviously missing the handbook. Seems like there could be another installment coming.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.