Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Binky?
Simon

posted on 1/10/22 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
Binky?

So, has BOM given up on Binky (or Escargo), been so long since a vid of either?
David Jenkins

posted on 1/10/22 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
This was posted about 1 hour ago...

[Edited on 1/10/22 by David Jenkins]

Simon

posted on 1/10/22 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Typical, had a look over last couple of days - including about 10 mins before I posted

Thanks for that!

snapper

posted on 2/10/22 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Escargot, my cousin is a heavy lorry mechanic and QC’s vehicle for MOT, he said that Escargot would be well over it’s trade plate weight limit and that’s why I think Escargot has disappeared.
As for Binky it was completed once it was in paint, basically the project has been completed but BOM hasn’t let go yet

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

SteveWalker

posted on 2/10/22 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
I thought that each of the changes they'd made to Escargot had actually made it lighter - they were weighing the old and new components during the build? Books are pretty weighty and I can see that a full load of books, plus shelving would add up to a fair weight, so with the reduced vehicle weight, it should have enough capacity to carry Binky.
coyoteboy

posted on 4/10/22 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
They've done the classic. That looks like a good project...oh I'm a bit bored...that is a good distraction.....oh and why not another- lets race this wee thing....now what was I doing? I'll be amazed if any of them finish. Binky dash malarkey - I do not believe it's taken them this long, so clearly they have other priorities.

snapper

posted on 6/10/22 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker
I thought that each of the changes they'd made to Escargot had actually made it lighter - they were weighing the old and new components during the build? Books are pretty weighty and I can see that a full load of books, plus shelving would add up to a fair weight, so with the reduced vehicle weight, it should have enough capacity to carry Binky.

My cousin QC’s heavy lorry’s for mot as well as working on them and said that the axle change they had made would change the wheel load and wouldn’t pass regulation with it loaded, I note from the latest WTF video that they have procured a 3rd axle, this could be that they have also found the weight/axle load issue and the new axle solves the problem.
We will find out when the next Escargot episode is released.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.