Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nitrous is now Illegal
coyoteboy

posted on 29/3/23 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Nitrous is now Illegal

There goes one mod option!






View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 29/3/23 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Ludicrous that they're still trying prohibition after decades of failure.





Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 29/3/23 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
Ludicrous that they're still trying prohibition after decades of failure.


Maybe.
But also it wasn't prohibited and in the space of 5 years the local supermarket car park has become a goldmine for scrap metal recovery with the streams of users driving up and using.

You can only complain about prohibition if you have a logical way to prevent the harm it causes without.






View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
gremlin1234

posted on 29/3/23 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
its not illegal yet, they still need to run it through the law making process.

large knives are illegal... but you can use them every day at home to cut food

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 29/3/23 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
its not illegal yet, they still need to run it through the law making process.

large knives are illegal... but you can use them every day at home to cut food


Hmm large knives aren't illegal to possess. I have some huge ones. They are illegal to swing in the street. But they're trying to make NOS illegal to posses because it's already illegal to use for psychoactive purposes.






View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 30/3/23 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
its not illegal yet, they still need to run it through the law making process.

large knives are illegal... but you can use them every day at home to cut food


But they're trying to make NOS illegal to posses because it's already illegal to use for psychoactive purposes.


I love how they think the solution is always to make laws for the types of people who obviously don't follow them

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 30/3/23 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
By definition that's what laws are 😂






View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 30/3/23 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
Is it actually nitrous that's being made illegal or just the sale of the little pressurised cannisters?

I think I'll stick to alcohol as my drug of choice .......





I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 30/3/23 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Is it actually nitrous that's being made illegal or just the sale of the little pressurised cannisters?

I think I'll stick to alcohol as my drug of choice .......


No one really knows yet, all the reports ive read is the GOV are going against their own commissioned advice, but nothing will be confirmed until next Monday.

Slightly concerning as I have 3 bottles of the stuff and a couple of Wizard kits at home.

[Edited on 30-3-23 by loggyboy]





Mistral Motorsport

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 30/3/23 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Also in Gove's words - 'We want to make sure the sale and used can be restricted for its appropriate purpose. ' So likely not a complete ban.





Mistral Motorsport

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 30/3/23 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
What's kinda funny is that it's a doddle to make! so banning it in cylinders is a total farce

All that will happen is now is that people start blowing themselves up making it while off their head...



[Edited on 30/3/23 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 30/3/23 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Also in Gove's words - 'We want to make sure the sale and used can be restricted for its appropriate purpose. ' So likely not a complete ban.


Doesn't make any sense given that there are laws that already cover that quite nicely. They have specifically differentiated possession from sale or use. And I dare say holding a tank or two for car use falls into distribution territory.






View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 30/3/23 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
What's kinda funny is that it's a doddle to make! so banning it in cylinders is a total farce

All that will happen is now is that people start blowing themselves up making it while off their head...



[Edited on 30/3/23 by Mr Whippy]


Yeah but ammonium nitrate is an explosive precursor and a controlled substance. Fertiliser with ammonium nitrate in it in high qtys is a controlled substance and only sold to people with a license.






View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 31/3/23 at 06:12 AM Reply With Quote
Most narcotics are controlled or restricted but I bet I can go into town on a Friday and quite easily get hold of some. It's the same old issue, restrict supply and people just make their own, often with deadly consequences. All that will happen is those people who use it and can't get access will simply turn to something else.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 3/4/23 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
Yes but the precursors for those are not illegal or traceable, so it's not apples and oranges.

Allowing open season on these things doesn't work. You could argue prohibition doesn't. But do you really just want to ignore it? Or invest a similarly huge sum of money educating and treating people who abuse it? Man I'm not the person to talk to regarding drugs, never felt the need to use them, rarely drink even a pint and have never smoked, but I for sure don't want the population having free access and driving about using them. Clearly when it's free access and there's no controls, people act like children (often are children) and can't be trusted to do them safely and in their own home instead of littering and driving under the influence to these locations - what makes you think that it would get any better? Even my most diligent, otherwise law abiding, job-retaining pot using friends think it's acceptable to drive under the influence, or go to work under the influence.

[Edited on 3/4/23 by coyoteboy]






View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 3/4/23 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone else seen the Cycling Mikey video with the bloke driving while sucking on gas? Ridiculous...
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 3/4/23 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Also in Gove's words - 'We want to make sure the sale and used can be restricted for its appropriate purpose. ' So likely not a complete ban.


Doesn't make any sense given that there are laws that already cover that quite nicely. They have specifically differentiated possession from sale or use. And I dare say holding a tank or two for car use falls into distribution territory.


Since when has Gove or any Tory said anything that makes sense! Either way its still legal at the mo as no change has been announced.





Mistral Motorsport

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply


go to top






Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [ 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.