Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Water in oil in xflow
barraw

posted on 4/2/05 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Water in oil in xflow

Hello. I have a 1690 xflow which is leaking water into the oil whenever I run the engine up to operating temperature. I've changed the head gasket with £55 Ajusa gasket but it's still leaking. Any ideas? thanks!!! :-)
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
David Jenkins

posted on 4/2/05 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Are you sure that you head is totally flat? And the top of the block? No cracks in the head?

Also, the water pump and timing chain cover share a gasket, so it might be worth checking there as well. Obviously they should be totally isolated from each other!

David

Hornet

posted on 4/2/05 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
U gota check compression of each cylinder to eliminate head m8..... cheers
If heads fine.. then Daves right.

barraw

posted on 4/2/05 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies...
The compression ranges from 145psi to 160 psi across the cylinders - is that acceptable?

Cheers.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
barraw

posted on 4/2/05 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi David, thanks for the pointer - I noticed 3 drops of clear water from underneath the water pump a few weeks ago (not a regular occurance), but from what you say, that certainly sounds like where I need to look. I was worried that my pride and joy had cylinder liners installed in the past and they were leaking, but I'll try changing those gaskets now. Many thanks.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.