Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: brakes
Craig81

posted on 4/2/05 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
brakes

hi all,

I was wondering about raiding the piggy bank and replacing my standard M16 calipers with some wilwood 4pots. If i do, can i stick to my same soild disks and will i really notice much difference in the brakes performance.

cheers
craig

Hellfire

posted on 4/2/05 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Depends on how you race it - I dont think normal road use would show up much difference.

britishtrident

posted on 4/2/05 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
If I were doing anything the brakes I would fit smaller but lighter alloy calipers with top quality pads. Caterhams managed fine on P14 calipers and smaller discs than the Cortina set up for years.
jonbeedle

posted on 5/2/05 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craig81
hi all,

I was wondering about raiding the piggy bank and replacing my standard M16 calipers with some wilwood 4pots. If i do, can i stick to my same soild disks and will i really notice much difference in the brakes performance.

cheers
craig

Let me know if you do because I'm in the market for some calipers to fit my Cortina hubs.
Cheers
Jon

[Edited on 5/2/05 by jonbeedle]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Craig81

posted on 6/2/05 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
hi jon,

just being nosy, but were abouts in suffolk are you. I only ask as im in newmarket

jonbeedle

posted on 24/2/05 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craig81
hi jon,

just being nosy, but were abouts in suffolk are you. I only ask as im in newmarket

Hi, I'm in Lakenheath. Let's get together and nick each other's ideas!
Cheers
Jon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark18

posted on 25/2/05 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote
I have some dynalites I'll sell for the right price - make me an offer.

Mark

"I don't know what I may seem to the world. But as to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than the ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Isaac Newton

ethomas

posted on 26/2/05 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to barge in on this thread

Hi,

Sorry to barge in like this but this morning I removed the calipers on the half finished kit I bought and they are a mess. I will need to replace them with some reconditioned calipers or a set of 4-pots.

Can I make you an offer of £120 plus postage, this is between the cost of reconditioned units and new 4-pots.

Cheers,

Ed

Mark18

posted on 26/2/05 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ethomas
Hi,

Sorry to barge in like this but this morning I removed the calipers on the half finished kit I bought and they are a mess. I will need to replace them with some reconditioned calipers or a set of 4-pots.

Can I make you an offer of £120 plus postage, this is between the cost of reconditioned units and new 4-pots.

Cheers,

Ed

U2U sent.

Mark

"I don't know what I may seem to the world. But as to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than the ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Isaac Newton

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.