Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Engine age
coovey

posted on 20/3/05 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
Engine age

I bought my 2.0 pinto separate to the donnor car. The SVA requires i prove the age of the engine.

Has anyone had any joy getting prove of engine age?

Cheers

bob

posted on 21/3/05 at 12:11 AM Reply With Quote
Technical Information Centre
Ford Motor Company
PO BOX 300
Walsall
WS5 4QH

Send them a letter quoting engine number and they will inturn write back with confirmation.

You can phone 09065 533447 (£ a min)
But they will only tell you verbally.

RogerM

posted on 21/3/05 at 12:14 AM Reply With Quote
Most Ford dealers are much more use for historic data than selling new cars ..... (surely they spelt FOCUS wrong ..... FOC U_P perhaps??????? )

If you speak nicely to the parts department and give them the engine number they will most likely be able to pin it down to a 3 month period, should be enough for the SVA man). When I needed a paint code for a friends Mk2 Capri I just drove the car down and 10 minutes later, from the chassis number as the main sticker / plate had been removed on a previous respray), I had the paint code, primer code and even the correct colour breakdown so I could get it mixed by any paint shop ..... was a perfect match too!

If they can do that with paint an engine number should give them no problems.

Best to ask them as if you are planning a full rebuild or simialr so they think they are going to make some money on the job (assuming they still do Pinto bits that is).

wicket

posted on 21/3/05 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
The SVA man generally requires manufacturers written confirmation of the engine age based on the serial number stamped on the block, I doubt whether your local Ford dealer has that information.
Mr_Stevo

posted on 21/3/05 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Rang the Newcastle test center last week and they said the V5 would do to prove the age of the engine. That's only if you have it of couse
Marcus

posted on 21/3/05 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Stevo,
I used V5 to prove my engine age. Sent it away to DVLA 2 months before SVA with a change of engine number so it matched my 'new' engine. They didn't even query it!

Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coovey

posted on 21/3/05 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Bob will get on to that address

rusty nuts

posted on 21/3/05 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Found our local Ford parts dept to be useless when I enquired about engine age, eventually managed to get the phone no for Ford tech dept from them.Spoke to tech dept who said fax them details and approx 1 hour later had a fax reply with date of manufacture even better got home the following evening and postman had delivered letter from Ford tech with details. brilliant service and no charge. Thats what I call locost
tractorboy

posted on 21/3/05 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
as in the top reply, write to ford technical department . they replied very promptly on nice ford headed note paper. the guy at the sva was more than happy with it. in the letter just write the engine number and a brief explination as to why you need the information .
this is the route i used with no problems
cheers scott

coovey

posted on 22/3/05 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Guys, posted the letter today

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.