Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Scum bags running this country:
James

posted on 15/4/05 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
Scum bags running this country:

and what another bunch of scum bags that write newspapers!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04/14/wood_green_ricin_case/

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

flak monkey

posted on 15/4/05 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
TBH i see no reason why ID cards shouldnt be brought in. You should only fear them if you have something to hide. They are only trying to justify it with terrorism etc to try and have a good comeback to the people who oppose them.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

longwayoff

posted on 15/4/05 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with flak monkey. I think in today’s society they are becoming a necessary evil and besides I will be happy to carry one, I am proud to be a citizen of this country and have nothing to hide. If it goes someway to ensure the security and safety of the UK it can’t be a bad thing.

The thing is however if your terrorist can knock up a batch of Rican in his flat or has the financial backing of al-Qaeda I am sure that making his own ID card would not be that bigger task.

DaveFJ

posted on 15/4/05 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by longwayoff
I agree with flak monkey. I think in today’s society they are becoming a necessary evil and besides I will be happy to carry one, I am proud to be a citizen of this country and have nothing to hide. If it goes someway to ensure the security and safety of the UK it can’t be a bad thing.

The thing is however if your terrorist can knock up a batch of Rican in his flat or has the financial backing of al-Qaeda I am sure that making his own ID card would not be that bigger task.

you obviously didn't read the register link above then!

there was no ricin, there was no al-qaeda link - there was a government balls up - there's a surprise!!

as for ID cards... have you actually looked into this or are you just working on gut instinct ? apart from the fact that they will provide no security benefit whatsoever they will aslso never work and yet will cost this country billions to set up. they are unnecessary and pointless. I suggest yuo have a read of the excellent documentation on the no2id website and also on the register which explains in candid detail exactly why we are being sold a bunch of crap! My favourite quote of the moment is David blunkett stating that ID cards would have prevente the postal vote rigging in Bradford - errrr how does that work then ?

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 15/4/05 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
This is my ID card and I have no problem carrying it other than is hard to see where Im going

Snuggs

posted on 15/4/05 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
In principle I agree with compulsary ID cards.

However....

a) The govt will not implement the scheme correctly.
b)If implemented properly they would save the taxpayer far more than the cost so they should be FREE.
c)There should be a compulsary MINIMUM 1 year jail sentence for possesion of a fake card and a compulsary MINIMUM 10 years for forgery.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 15/4/05 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
On a more serious note Fred in port Elizabeth will back me that they are a pain to carry. If they get wet its a new book and all the paper work to go with it. The were quite big as well so the dam things filled wallet and pocket. Now being in Africa you carry your gun as well as a cell phone its kinda crowded in your pockets.
flak monkey

posted on 15/4/05 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Regardless of the terrorism stuff that they use to try and pursuade people that ID cards are a good idea, i doubt it will help a huge amount. It will go some way to helping, but not entirely.

I just simply see no reason why a national ID card should not be brought in. Infact many of us carry ID in the form of picture card driving liscences, so why not have some form of indisputable ID for everyone? Several countries already have a national ID scheme in place.

I dont like websites like no2id as they give a hugely biased opinion, and use scaremonger tactics to convince you that they are a bad idea. (Very similar to the no to the euro people).

As i said before, unless you have something to hide you should have no reason to object to an ID card. They would help in several ways, including a proper way of IDing people for buying age restricted stuff. I also see no reason why they shouldnt have your finger prints and criminal record (if you have one) and your medical records etc on them. So if you are authorised to find that stuff out you can quickly and easily.

Some may not agree, but its just my opinion.

EDIT: I agree with what Snuggs says. If brought in they need to be brought in properly, and with the appropriate penalties for abuse/forgeries etc. (Infact it should be able to make them unforgeable...but they need to keep them up-to-date with current techniques...)

David

[Edited on 15/4/05 by flak monkey]

Sera

longwayoff

posted on 15/4/05 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
Ok I might be a bit of a nut or just mad but I still think that they can’t be a bad thing. We had them in WW2 and people seemed happy, I don’t know but it probably made us feel a bit more secure, as for the cost this loony government will spend the cash on something equally dumb so why not ID cards. And here is were I get slagged off by everybody, if it was up to me I would DNA test and security ID chip everyone in the UK told you I was mad.
DavidM

posted on 15/4/05 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
This thread shows how easy it is for Governments to brainwash the masses.

David

Proportion is Everything

I love speed :-P

posted on 15/4/05 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
if they do bring it in, will it contain ur finger prints, dna etc? and if so will it be linked to the police database so, that as soon as you have it made and you have gotton away with a crime etc you can be aressed etc

Phil

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 15/4/05 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DavidM
This thread shows how easy it is for Governments to brainwash the masses.

David

Regardless of whether the government was for it or against it i would still think its a good idea...

Phil. If indeed it did contain your dna profile (its unlikey) then the arrest of a few people who 'got away' with crimes is no bad thing....it will be a case of justice.

David

Sera

Simon

posted on 15/4/05 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
Why don't we all have a chip implanted in our heads, then every time we walk past a sensor (they'll be everywhere like cameras) - they'll know where we are.

And when we're speeding, coming in and out of the country and you can headbutt the counter in the shops to pay for things.

ID cards my arse.

STOP LETTING THEM IN MIGHT HELP or keeping tags on whoever, when they arrive, instead of letting illegals go "so long as you report back in a week or two"

Because I have nothing to hide I WILL NOT ACCEPT ID CARDS.

FREE COUNTRY - REMEMBER

ATB

Simon

gazza285

posted on 15/4/05 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
As long as I get to run off with Jenny Agutter I don't care.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andyps

posted on 15/4/05 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
I know who I am, everyone who needs to know knows who I am - if anyone else wants to know who I am they can find out for themselves if they don't believe me. The ID cards will contain DNA info if they are introduced, although maybe not initially. ID cards are all about control, and I don't want His Tonyness (or anyone else) controlling me.

If you still think ID cards are a good idea, consider this (sorry for the length):

ORDERING PIZZA IN 2008

Operator: Thank you for calling Pizza Hut. May I have your national ID number?
Customer: Hi, I'd like to place an order.
Operator: I must have your NIDN first, sir.
Customer: My National ID Number, yeah, hold on, eh, it's 6102049998-45-54610.
Operator: Thank you Mr Sheehan. I see you live at 1742 Meadowland Drive, and the phone number is 494-2366. Your office number over at Lincoln Insurance is 745-2302 and your cell number is 266-2566. Email address is sheehan@home.net. Which number are you calling from sir?
Customer: Huh? I'm at home. Where'd you get all this information?
Operator: We're wired into the HSS, sir.
Customer: The HSS, what is that?
Operator: We're wired into the Homeland Security System, sir. This will add only 15 seconds to your ordering time.
Customer: (sighs) Oh well, I'd like to order a couple of your All-Meat Special pizzas.
Operator: I don't think that's a good idea, sir.
Customer: Whaddya mean?
Operator: Sir, your medical records and commode sensors indicate that you've got very high blood pressure and extremely high cholesterol. Your National Health Care provider won't allow such an unhealthy choice.
Customer: What?!?! What do you recommend, then?
Operator: You might try our low-fat Soybean Pizza. I'm sure you'll like it.
Customer: What makes you think I'd like something like that?
Operator: Well, you checked out 'Gourmet Soybean Recipes' from your local library last week, sir. That's why I made the suggestion.
Customer: All right, all right. Give me two family-sized ones, then.
Operator: That should be plenty for you, your wife and your four kids. Your 2 dogs can finish the crusts, sir. Your total is $49.99.
Customer: Lemme give you my credit card number.
Operator: I'm sorry sir, but I'm afraid you'll have to pay in cash. Your credit card balance is over its limit.
Customer: I'll run over to the ATM and get some cash before your driver gets here.
Operator: That won't work either, sir. Your checking account is overdrawn also.
Customer: Never mind! Just send the pizzas. I'll have the cash ready. How long will it take?
Operator: We're running a little behind, sir. It'll be about 45 minutes, sir. If you're in a hurry you might want to pick'em up while you're out getting the cash, but then, carrying pizzas on a motorcycle can be a little awkward.
Customer: Wait! How do you know I ride a scooter?
Operator: It says here you're in arrears on your car payments, so your car got repo'ed. But your Harley's paid for and you just filled the tank yesterday.
Customer: Well, I'll be a #%#^^&$%^$@#
Operator: I'd advise watching your language, sir. You've already got a July 4, 2003 conviction for cussing out a cop and another one I see here in September for contempt at your hearing for cussing at a judge. Oh yes, I see here that you just got out from a 90 day stay in the State Correctional Facility. Is this your first pizza since your return to society?
Customer: (speechless)
Operator: Will there be anything else, sir?
Customer: Yes, I have a coupon for a free 2 liter of Coke..
Operator: I'm sorry sir, but our ad's exclusionary clause prevents us from offering free soda to diabetics. The New Constitution prohibits this.
Thank you for calling Pizza Hut.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

theconrodkid

posted on 15/4/05 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
i,m afraid its not a free country any more,the indigenous population being (at the moment) in the majority are being trampled into the ground,you are not allowed to stand up for your rights or say what you think in case it offends someone.
this can also be seen in the "ban 5th gear" thread.
the sooner bliar and his apologetic bunch of clowns gets out and someone who wants to put the GREAT back in britain gets in the better.
last year more people emigrated than came here,why do you think that is?
the working/tax paying people are getting fewer and the chavy scroungers are increasing,soon we will all have a couple of extra families to pay for as well as our own.
will the last one to leave this god forsaken $h1thole please turn the lights off!

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

DaveFJ

posted on 15/4/05 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
a couple of thoughts for you

fingerprints are only a 95% accurate (read unique) at best depending on who you believe - some quote as low as 80% based on that there are 2.5 million people in the UK alone who share identical fingerprints to at least one other person....

do you really want to be arrested for something you didn't do ?

DNA is NOT completely unique (in the way it is tested) and can only ever be 99.5% accurate - that gives 250000 people in the UK with a DNA doppleganger.........

Food for thought ?

[Edited on 15/4/05 by DaveFJ]

Dave

longwayoff

posted on 15/4/05 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Humm sounds to me like most folk here are pretty hacked off by the current incumbents who reside in Tony’s Den should we have a pre May vote here?
Jon Ison

posted on 15/4/05 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
mmmmm, i travel all over the world, it took me 1 1/2 hrs last week to get into the U.S. I know i'm ok, most of you know i'm ok, the security people dont, should i be allowed to walk straight thru ? Personally i'm glad there so strict these days, after all i feel better knowing as much as possible as been done too make sure all those sat along side me at 40,000 feet are a pretty safe bunch.

ID card ? i have no problem
DNA ? i have no problem,
Why ? cos ive nothing too hide, i hear the "free country" shouts but how do we make a "free country" safe ? just allow everyone and anyone to wander about as we please ? life just aint that simple.

How many on here have wifes, girlfriends daughters ? how would you feel if one of these was raped ? (sorry if i offend using this example) if we had a DNA register how easy would it be too solve the crime ? no need for long court case's, adding disstress to allready disstress'd females ?

Everyone is entitled to ther own opinion but mine is i have nothing too hide, (but only i know that don't i ?) so i'm quite happy too prove who i am via ID or DNA type cards ect.....

Define a free country for me please ?

Hellfire

posted on 15/4/05 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
If 99.5% of people have dissimilar DNA then the remaining 0.5% ought to have a valid aliby. Making them innocent.

I have no problems with carrying one. HOWEVER, if it's going to be done it's got to be done across the board and be compulsory to carry one. Otherwise it is totally useless IMHO.

If you carry a mobile only a fool thinks they cant be tracked! If need be, that humble phone you're carrying could be easily turned into a tracking device... (nudge, nudge,wink,wink). My company knows my area locality by the mast ID which appears on your phone bill if requested Therefore, if you say you're in Hemel but really you're in Sheffield... they will easily know. Beware - big brother has the potential to know where you are - he just doesn't NEED to know... YET!

theconrodkid

posted on 15/4/05 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
i dont have a problem with having an id card,i have had several with companies i have worked for,thing is are the type of people that are terrorist/criminals/people with things to hide going to carry one?doubt it and how long before the forgers move in?remember the euro was available from the russian mafia before the legit ones were released.
but why should i have to pay £45? for it?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

DaveFJ

posted on 15/4/05 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
my main concern is - whats the point - it achieves nothing and wastes billions

It has been shown that it will have no effect on benefit fraud or terrorism (illegals and asylum seekers don't/won't carry them anyway...

so what is the damn point ?

Dave

dave dickson

posted on 15/4/05 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
I used to think "I have nothing to hide, I would be happy to carry an ID card".
Nowadays, Im not so sure. I still have nothing to hide, but even though, I dont want my movements to be tracked in such microscopic detail.

I also dont want to have to pay between £45 and £90 for the privelidge.
Reading an article a while back, I realised that its just another way to extract money from the masses.

The idea is we all carry these cards, they will have some kind of biometric data on them, like fingerprint, dna or retina scan. There will eventually be fingerprint/eye scanners implemented everywhere. Police will carry mobile units in their cars, you will be scanned to access welfare benefits, NHS treatment, at airports etc etc. The point is, if all my info is on some big database somewhere, and everyone who is entitled to know who I am, Police, airport staff etc, have the equipment to verify my identity by scanning my finger and their computer tells them that Im Dave, I live at xxxx etc etc, why the hell do I need a bit of card with this information on it? and why do I have to pay for that card?
Also, who pays for all these scanners? yeah, the tax payer. Oh, and who pays for their upkeep? yep, you guessed it, taxpayers again. Lets face it, most facilities that deal with the public have to chain their pens to the desk, and even these dont usually work, how reliable is a scanning device at an airport that will be constantly used by thousands of sweaty-palmed people?

This is all just another way for the government to control the population. They use the "terror" threat to brainwash the tabloid-reading masses into believeing their spin, and sadly, its working.

Give it 5 years...
ID cards,
GPS trackers in all cars,
use of mobile phones to track individual people,

Big Brother is already watching you, but he will soon be able to see a hell of a lot more.
George Orwell was pretty much spot on except for the date.

Oh, when we do get ID cards, will it have my occupation on it? Will it say "terrorist" on the cards belonging to terrorists?

[Edited on 15/4/05 by dave dickson]

JoelP

posted on 15/4/05 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
the only argument i will hear against them is the cost. I just dont have time for the control or big bro arguments - really, i couldnt care less who knows what im up to.

the fact is, they will happen, and eventually they will be implanted chips (right hand anyone?!) and yes, the possibility exists that they will be misused against us.

but for now, id love a card with full fingerprint, iris and DNA data - cant fault the idea myself.

And, id be very suprised indeed if the previously posted fact on DNA profiling is correct - i personally could devise a test to reveal unique profiles. All you have to do is pick a good mix of endonucleases to ensure that each chromosome is cut up into a unique pattern.

edit: about terrorists and crims not having cards, that the idea in a way - if you dont have a card you cant buy anything. at least, thats how it should work.

[Edited on 15/4/05 by JoelP]

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

smart51

posted on 15/4/05 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
ID cards are proposed as a method of stopping terrorists. You know, the ones with forged pasports, the ones who will forge ID cards.

anyone remember September 2001. The 20 terrorists who attacked the US used their valid passports to get onto the planes.

ID cards will stop terrorism?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.