Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What rearends fit a +4?
thekafer

posted on 1/5/05 at 12:02 AM Reply With Quote
What rearends fit a +4?

I looked in the old post but could'nt find a list of rearend donors for a +4 frame..anyone know of one? Irs,live axle what ever.....

Thanks Fletch,

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy...

Simon

posted on 1/5/05 at 12:17 AM Reply With Quote
Fletch,

I guess you probably want someone from your side to answer this, but over here it tends to be Sierra (IRS) or Cortina (Live). I'm sure Volvosport might recommend something from Sweden, and 'scuse me while I throw up for suggesting it, maybe BMW/Mercedes.

ATB

Simon

britishtrident

posted on 1/5/05 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
Check some of the RWD Volvos -- the Volvo 140 front end has been used by some builders also.
Volvorsport

posted on 1/5/05 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
yessum , volvo 740 , pretty wide , electronic speedo - that works directly with a VDO speedometer .

3.54:1 with a manual
3.89:1 auto

the lugs which centre the axle bushes on the volvo are very nearly correct for using as jigs for the locost suspension - ie theres 4 12mm little sticky uppy things , that could be used for centring and measuring from .

Did i mention its a dana 30 diff which resides in every jeep since mankind was born ? and also LSD are therefore cheap altho most LSD available are for the front , so cant handle so much torque , but , im pretty sure youll be fine if that your chosen route .

the 240 axle tubes are slightly narrower , but have 4 links and a panhard rod which probably could be better utilised in a build - the 740 links are towards the centre of the diff .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

Spottty

posted on 7/5/05 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
Well, I have been told a 2nd generation RX7 irs will work, plus it comes with disc's in the rear.

The only problem though is that most have 4.10 gears so 1st will be a very quick gear!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.