Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Changed plans
Bart69

posted on 7/5/05 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Changed plans

I got my chassis to the tack welded stage four or five weeks ago i'm building a mcsorley 7+4 and was fitting an xe engine all fair enough and going well untill a fornight ago when spur of the moment i bought a rover v8 and 5 speed box off of ebay. Now that my ears are recovering from the missis ear bashing i'm having to cut out the top rails, e, c etc back out to incorporate cmytriks mods .
Now to my question. i no there has been similar thread recently but would feel safer double checking.
I'll cut out the top rails and replace with 2*1 standing on end so as to increase the chassis height by an inch and welding an inch piece on top of the front assembly to bring it up to height.
would it be better to increase the sizes of s and t to 2*1 to match the new rails.
How crucial is the increase in k1 & k2 as there seams alot more work involved in upgrding them.
Has anyone got a picture of a lt77 gearbox. i'm not sure what box i got with my engine possibly a r380 but i not sure.

sorry about all the questions

graham

the best laid plans eh!!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.