Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel tanks
scutter

posted on 22/6/05 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel tanks

In the search for a new fuel tanks, does anyone have a picture of a GTS tank pref the 8 gal job.

Many thanks Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tom_loughlin

posted on 28/6/05 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
heres a pic of mine, think it 6gal though.

Tom Rescued attachment DSCF0119.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0119.JPG

ned

posted on 28/6/05 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
mine looked just lke that, but i don't have any good pics of it.

I had issues with it fitting my car as darren's design uses 3mm plate i think for the rear upright bits behind the rear panel, i'd used 3/4" round it because of this i had to return it. worth checking imho.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 28/6/05 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
dan,the weight of fuel really upsets the handling,best to go for a smaller tank,4 gallons will get you 100 miles,after wich you will want to stop for a break anyhow

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

BKLOCO

posted on 2/9/05 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Tom, Is that the outlet from the tank on the rear left that I can see in your photo? If it is then the tank has been made wrongly. Mine was the same. The outlet should be on the front of the tank on the right. If you look carefully you will see that the tank is baffled internally 1/3 of the way along from the filler end. The take off should be in this section. The position of yours will mean the fuel can slop about in 2/3 of the tank and the hose will be sticking out of the rear panel!! I have returned my tank to the workshop and am awaiting Darren's comments on his return from holiday. I think the fabricator is either reading the drawings wrongly or the drawings are wrong from Darren, which would be unusual.
All the best
Brian

stevebubs

posted on 2/9/05 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
dan,the weight of fuel really upsets the handling,best to go for a smaller tank,4 gallons will get you 100 miles,after wich you will want to stop for a break anyhow

Or only half fill it?

I've put a 50+litre ali tank into my fury so that if I need to go long distance, I don't have to worry about finding a petrol station.

Means my fury probably has a longer range (using sensible driving) than most daily drivers!

BTW For Fuel tanks, I'd go to Alifabs every time.

http://www.alifab.co.uk/

Custom tanks at reasonable prices. My 50gallon beast to custom design was only around the £120 (a tank for a locost should be quite a bit cheaper) which compares favourably with many off the shelf solutions.

PS He does have a "standard" tank designed for a locost, too if you don't want the hassle of designing your own

[Edited on 2/9/05 by stevebubs]

Peteff

posted on 2/9/05 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Or Allyfab

Tanks made to your spec

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

fastenuff

posted on 3/9/05 at 05:19 AM Reply With Quote
in my archive are some photo's of a gts fuel tank. Different fron those posted already

Ingmar

andyace

posted on 3/9/05 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
GTS Plastic Fuel Tanks

GTS also do a 6 and 8 gallon plastic fuel tank, pics in the chassis section on their web site. £80/£85

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.