Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost forums for folks in the USA
chetcpo

posted on 17/8/05 at 02:34 AM Reply With Quote
Locost forums for folks in the USA

I just put this site and forums together for folks over here in the USA. It's only a day old and pales in comparison to this place, but it would be nice if some of you folks could stop by and have a look and tell me what you think.

http://www.locostusa.com

the JoKeR

posted on 17/8/05 at 03:17 AM Reply With Quote
I especially like it for the forum style. I really dislike the forum style on Yahoo, but the years of old posts are an incredible knowledge base. Nice looking car, by the way!

Jeff
http://www.midwestwelding.com
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/

pbura

posted on 17/8/05 at 04:04 AM Reply With Quote
Nice job, Chet, and I hope it catches on.

My only concern is with regard to longevity given the cost of bandwidth. How do you look to have it supported?

Pete

robertwa

posted on 17/8/05 at 04:38 AM Reply With Quote
Nice job, hope it works out. The Yahoo one is a pain with the lack of search capability.
Rob

chetcpo

posted on 17/8/05 at 04:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pbura
Nice job, Chet, and I hope it catches on.

My only concern is with regard to longevity given the cost of bandwidth. How do you look to have it supported?

Well I've got it all paid up for the first year for under $50. The beauty of forums is that you don't consume much bandwidth since most everything is text. If I exceed my maximum allowable bandwidth I may have to get creative and sell some ads on the frontpage.(although I would hate to have to)

Thanks for looking and don't hesitate to make suggestions that might improve the site.

Thanks Joker, and Robert
I dislike the Yahoo Group format as well, it's very hard to find the info you need. But like you say, you can't dispute the quality of their content.

[Edited on 17/8/05 by chetcpo]

Hellfire

posted on 17/8/05 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
Likewise - it seems very user friendly. I hope it works out for you's over there... the forum is only as good as the people on it. As a suggestion... when you're on the Forum there is no on-page button to take you back onto Homepage... would be nice or reconfigure the LOCOSTUSA button to take you back, it currently returns to Forum...

The car on the front page - very USA Nice and impressive...

[Edited on 17-8-05 by Hellfire]

Arthur Dent

posted on 17/8/05 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by robertwa
Nice job, hope it works out. The Yahoo one is a pain with the lack of search capability.
Rob

if you look in the files section there is a couple zip files containing years of old posts. Better than nothing.

'The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.' Douglas Adams

chetcpo

posted on 18/8/05 at 01:00 AM Reply With Quote
got it

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Likewise - it seems very user friendly. I hope it works out for you's over there... the forum is only as good as the people on it. As a suggestion... when you're on the Forum there is no on-page button to take you back onto Homepage... would be nice or reconfigure the LOCOSTUSA button to take you back, it currently returns to Forum...

The car on the front page - very USA Nice and impressive...

[Edited on 17-8-05 by Hellfire]

That's a great suggestion. I put a button at the top of the page that will take you back out front.

Thanks! Keep those suggestions coming.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.