Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tall People
gingerprince

posted on 1/9/05 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
Tall People

Hi, sorry not sure if this is the correct forum for this question but: -

Of the various Se7en varieties available (MK Indy, RAW/Sylva Striker, DAX Rush etc etc etc), which ones offer more space for taller people? I'm looking at acquiring myself a BEC as a toy in the not too distant, and at 6'4" I'm not the shortest ever. I drove a Caterham a while ago and that was borderline for legroom (and too expensive!), I was catching the steering wheel on my thighs.

So really in terms of cockpit length and in footwell space (have got size 12 feet to keep me in balance). What fits?

Width isn't a huge issue, I don't have "pie retention"

DarrenW

posted on 1/9/05 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Mac#1 9R should be ok for you. Im std 5'11" and the seat is moved forward a few inches.

I have pie retention as well and there is still plenty of girth.

If you want a 7 of mammoth proportions try the Viento. Im sure they could be converted to 2+2!!

Lotusmark2

posted on 1/9/05 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hush Darren, making me feel like a freak, I cant fit in a Viento, its too small!
But I agree it is the biggest of the 7's by miles.

shortie

posted on 1/9/05 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Well I'm 6ft 4in and the MK Indy is fine, so is the MNR and MAC1

Rich.

hearnia

posted on 1/9/05 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
The Indy has plently of adjustment in the seating department. I'm 6ft2 and find with the seat fully back I'm sitting very comfortably, whereas my friend who auditions for snow white pantos can also fit in confortably with plenty of adjustment left.

I'm using the cobra roadster7 seats with cobra runners.

Brook_lands

posted on 1/9/05 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Afraid to say its probably the size of your feet that will be an issue.

I'm 6'1" but with relatively long legs (36" inside leg. In a standard Locost (aka Westfield but never proved in law) I'm ok for legroom with a fairly slender seat (Intatrim). However I suspect I have got my pedals set quick far forward in the tunnel because I'm a bit tight on width for my feet and I'm only size 7 1/2 shoes.

The only way really to find out is to get to sit in a few examples and see what feels right.

shortie

posted on 1/9/05 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
My feet are size 12 and I am fine with pedal room in the Indy, it's never going to be spacious but it's no problem for me.
jos

posted on 1/9/05 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
I went for a MAC#1 ZR after trying out Westfield, Caterham, Birkin, MK, Shawspeed & Quantum.

The only changes I had made to the chassis was the accelerator point moved right by 1" and I'm not pannelling the interior of the footwell and there is loads of room around my size 11 feet. I'm 6'2" btw.

My seat doesnt have any adjustment in it and is about 1" away from the rear panel.

Having said that the quantum did have the most amount of space around the hips and leg room but I fell is more of a luxurious option which is not what I was looking for.

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

marc n

posted on 1/9/05 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
as far as im aware ( appologies if incorrect ) apart from the big luego
we have the widest foot area at
13 3/4 inches wide
cabin area ( seat area ) 17 1/2 inches wide
as for length our in house lanky git is 6 foot 7 with size 13 flippers and can fit comfortably even with a rover v8 fitted

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marc n

posted on 1/9/05 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I'm 6'1" but with relatively long legs (36" inside leg

our big ian is 39 inch inside leg
has to get special trousers
funny when he stands next to me im only 5 foot 7

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 1/9/05 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
You are all too long as i am only 5ft 5" and have to move the seat about 6" forward.....The Challenger was shorter by 3" and i still had to move the seat forward...
rusty nuts

posted on 1/9/05 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
There are some advantages of being short then , dont have any problems with leg room etc but I'm only 5'3"
Triton

posted on 1/9/05 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Crikey somebody shorter than me
bimbleuk

posted on 1/9/05 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Just for the record.

I'm 6'2" (long legs) and size 11 feet and fit very comfortably in a Striker.

Triton

posted on 1/9/05 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
My reasoning why people get so long....they stand still too long.......
speed8

posted on 1/9/05 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince
I drove a Caterham a while ago and that was borderline for legroom (and too expensive!), I was catching the steering wheel on my thighs.

Hey Simon how's it going? I guess thats a few of us from the slalom that fancied a change. Mark was thinking about it too. Are you going to keep the Griff?

My cerb is up for sale to fund a Mac#1 (and pay off some credit cards). They are down in Sheffield and will happily take you for a spin if you give them a buzz to sort out a day. All going well I'll order mine next time I get home and start building over the winter.

Can't comment on size though, I'm a bit of a shortass at 5'9"

Andy

gingerprince

posted on 1/9/05 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speed8
Hey Simon how's it going? I guess thats a few of us from the slalom that fancied a change. Mark was thinking about it too. Are you going to keep the Griff?

My cerb is up for sale to fund a Mac#1 (and pay off some credit cards). They are down in Sheffield and will happily take you for a spin if you give them a buzz to sort out a day. All going well I'll order mine next time I get home and start building over the winter.

Can't comment on size though, I'm a bit of a shortass at 5'9"

Andy

Eyup fella, guess we all caught the bug

The Griff will be going eventually. It's my only car at the moment, and I originally bought it with the intention of enjoying track days etc with it, but not wanted to bin my only car so it's just an expensive commuting car. Plan is to chop it for a se7en to play regularly on track days and a "boring" commute car.

Currently swaying towards a BEC, if I'm gonna get a toy racing car I want one that's as raw as possible, the appeal of sequential box and 11000rpm is too great

Will probably be selling the Griff next spring (best time, open top, sunny etc). Will be buying a built one though, because even though I'd love to build my own I don't really have the space or time ( too impatient, want it NOW )

So realistically not looking until early next year to have in time for the track season, but trying to do as much research as I can now so I know what to look for.

robinbastd

posted on 1/9/05 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
My reasoning why people get so long....they stand still too long.......

Do you want to get shorter by any chance?

Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

http://smuttygifts.com/

Triton

posted on 2/9/05 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
Well some people seem to be able to run shops, make houses,stay long and be witty at the same time........good enough grovel Mr B?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.