Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ball Joints
Smooth Torquer

posted on 7/9/05 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Ball Joints

Hi guys,
I need to buy some ball joints so that i can get my chassis up to rolling state.

I have noticed that maxi ball joints look tidier/smaller/lighter than the cortina bottom swivels, but is the bolt pattern different? I may have to use cortina items as i have luego wishbones, so the bolt holes are already drilled in them.

What is a good price to be paying for these cortina/maxi bottom swivels, and can anyone recomend a good place to buy them?

Also what would be a good price for the transit track rod ends needed for the top swivels?

Thanks in advance

Sam

MikeRJ

posted on 7/9/05 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
The maxi and cortina lower ball joints are substantialy different, and the wishbones are designed to accept one or the other. The wishbones I bought Luego were designed for the maxi ball joint.

Most of the usual suspects (MK, Luego, MNR, GTS) will provide them, but you would probably be better off visting your local motor factors by them time you add postage.

andylancaster3000

posted on 7/9/05 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
If you take a bit of time to think about the design, you can get a much neater lower wishbone with a Vauxhall Viva joint. What we're doing at the moment.

Andy

Danozeman

posted on 7/9/05 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Luego bones are designed for the maxi ball joint.

I found the best place for the ball joints was jayar parts.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

hector

posted on 7/9/05 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
I got my maxi lower ball joints from a local motor factor for £6 each and also the transit balljoints for the upper wishbone at £8 each, but you may have to search around for the maxi ones thou, they're not too common these days!
Steve Hnz

posted on 13/9/05 at 02:58 AM Reply With Quote
Andy, Are you using Viva uprights too?, I'm hoping to do a neater looking bottom wish bone too but using Hyundai Sonata lower ball joints in Cortina uprights, the Sonata bjs fit the Corty uprights spot on. Cheers, Steve.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.