Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another new seat...sorry.
Triton

posted on 16/9/05 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Another new seat...sorry.

People,
Sorry if i keep banging on about seats... But i have just finished the plug for another seat (sold 3 pairs on strength of style/shape)

The seat will still fit the Locost, MK etc but is ideally suited to cars with doors where you have to slide into rather than climb into the car.......lower sides with rolled edges so no nasty surprises when you get in!!!

I will post a picture later(donkey here left camera at workshop!)

Cheers
Mark

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Winston Todge

posted on 16/9/05 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
I'm certainly interested in a few piccies.

Chris.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 16/9/05 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
New seat Rescued attachment TSCsmoothyseat.png
Rescued attachment TSCsmoothyseat.png

Triton

posted on 16/9/05 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Similar base to other seat which has 8mm inserts bonded into second skin.....and still fits the Locost and similar type cars even with rolled edges.... Rescued attachment TSC smoothy seat 3.png
Rescued attachment TSC smoothy seat 3.png

Hugh Paterson

posted on 16/9/05 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
Very Sleek
Shug.

Winston Todge

posted on 17/9/05 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Looks very nice Mark. What sort of price are they?

I'm debating between your 'wizard type' seats or your new ones... What would you say are the major differences between them? Size and strength? Do the 'wizard' type seats cost any more with the inserts, and how do they attach?

Thanks again,

Chris.

Avoneer

posted on 17/9/05 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
I prefer the angle of the Wizard hat ones as it's a bit more "upright" which I prefer.

Also, I think there is a slight bit more arse room in the Wizard ones.

I'm sure Mark will correct me though,

Either pair will be top quality if mine and all the others I have seen are anything to go by.

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Triton

posted on 18/9/05 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Pat,
Still half a sleep but "arse room" as you call it is more or less the same, wizard jobs flare out more from the base so a tad wider....Still fit nearly everything though...
I am doing inserts for the smoothy so they sorta look the same as the wizard ones.......i think!

Mark

Triton

posted on 18/9/05 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
Messing around with fireworks(not very good at it i admit) i have chopped a picture down to show how smoothy style seat would look in a low back version......so if enough call for them i could add to list of "bum perches"
Triton

posted on 18/9/05 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Doh!! forgot to add picture Rescued attachment Low back cat seat idea.png
Rescued attachment Low back cat seat idea.png

Triton

posted on 18/9/05 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Chris,
"Wizard" and smoothy seats are both £185pr.

Wizard hat jobbies(with the inserts) have integral feet and can be bolted direct to the floor....others have second skin laminated on with internal 8 mm bushes.

Can do them in different colours for no extra cost but most opt for black anyway.

Cheers
Mark

Winston Todge

posted on 19/9/05 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that Mark,

Just wondering whether you have any piccies of the integral feet and the second skin laminate with internal 8mm bush? I'm having a little problem visualising them... Sorry!

What distance are you from Bristol to maybe get a sit in the two types of seat?

Thanks,

Chris.

Avoneer

posted on 19/9/05 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
These are the inetgral feet of the "wizard" hat ones: Rescued attachment feet.JPG
Rescued attachment feet.JPG

Avoneer

posted on 19/9/05 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
And a pic of the bottom: Rescued attachment feet2.JPG
Rescued attachment feet2.JPG

kevano

posted on 19/9/05 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
hi triton, def want a pair of your seats, really interested in your new rolled edge design, any difference in price? have you got any pics in any other colur seen heelfires red ones thanks kev
Winston Todge

posted on 20/9/05 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the pictures Pat and Mark. Much appreciated.

I'm just wondering about the rigidity of the design with lower sides and rolled lips when compared to the sleek seats with higher sides?

Does the back of the seat flex under acceleration and cornering? Not trying to sound like I disapprove of the design! I think they look awesome! Just curious as to their rigidity.

Here's the piccies Mark sent...

Description
Description

-
Description
Description

-
Description
Description

These were to illustrate the integral 8mm bushes inserted into the base of the sleeker seats...

Are these bushes threaded? I know it sounds stupid but what would happen if they became stripped?

Thanks,

Chris.

[Edited on 20-9-05 by Winston Todge]

Triton

posted on 20/9/05 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Stiff as a stiff thing at a stiff thing party and if anything the lower sides are better as the rolled edges add to the stiffness/strength.

They share the same second skin with M8 threaded inserts and if you managed to strip a thread then drill and tap M10.. use studs rather than bolting thru from underneath floor with loctite then penny washers to spread the load....easy to fit then as well.

Cheers
Mark

Doh!Nut

posted on 23/9/05 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
Triton

Looking at the photos am I right in saying that the mounting points of the seat are the lowest point of the seat.
Is that right?
On the original versions the mounting legs dont quite reach the floor so you can use spacers to adjust how far back the seat leans or put it on runners WITHOUT raising the seat.
I like the look and price of your seats but If i put them on runners the the seat will be lifted in the air too much.

I need runners as I have put the rev limiter on the insurance and she cant reach the pedals- I have run out of exuses and she has offered to buy the seats

Winston Todge

posted on 23/9/05 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Did you say that you were making some inserts for the smoothies too? Any chance you've got any piccies of these? Even in prototype standard?

How would they attach? Velcro be sufficient?

Thanks again Triton,

Chris.

Triton

posted on 23/9/05 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
The mounting points are not level with the seat pad bit they are slightly higher to allow fitting runners and not lift the seat, seat base will all be sitting on the floor then.

Yes i have done the insert moulds, the first set will be ready Saturday....got too hungry/tired tonight

Triton

posted on 27/9/05 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
I have posted a picture in my archive of the smoothy seat with inserts for those that wanted to see what they looked like.

Cheers
Mark

Winston Todge

posted on 27/9/05 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
I think they look great! Do they fit the lower sided smooth seats too? How much do they cost?

Ta,

Chris.

Mave

posted on 27/9/05 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Does anyone have any pictures of the trimmed inserts? (at this point I guess only the ones from the wizzard-seat are trimmed, unless Mark has spend a night behind the sewing machine). I'd like to know what they look like.

And what kind of foam should be used? I have 20 mm foam bought from Woolies, but think it might be too soft. And glueing the vinyl around the edges will flatten the foam I guess.

Marcel

Triton

posted on 27/9/05 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
Yes the inserts fit both seats i made sure of that to save doing things twice

Does anyone know how well flocking holds up to having a pair of jeans sat on it as thought that might be an idea....anti slip or just a daft idea?

robinbastd

posted on 28/9/05 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton

Does anyone know how well flocking holds up to having a pair of jeans sat on it as thought that might be an idea....anti slip or just a daft idea?

Getting a little pervy?

Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

http://smuttygifts.com/

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.