Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Asshole Neighbours
keith2lp

posted on 16/9/05 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
Asshole Neighbours

After 18 months of building last weekend I finally started and run the car for the first time. I spent about half an hour tinkering with the carb set up. I had a few probs so obtained some new jets etc and had another go at the set up this morning. after running the car for about 5 mins it's now running fine.

I then get a visit from the police as one of my neighbours had complained about noise nuisance!!!!!!!

What kind of world is it?? I have lived here for 15 years and my nieghbour couldn't even have the decency to come and chat to me about the noise. Which if they had done I would have been able to tell them that I have finished and that could have been the end of it, but no, let's waste time and money calling the police out. The officer that came wasn't even bothered anyway and just felt I should know that I have a moaning neighbour!!!!!!

Anyway, what's it they say????........Revenge is a dish best served cold. Or is revenge a locost revving outside their window in the early hours?????? Whatever......I will have my day.

marktigere1

posted on 16/9/05 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Pair of breeding mice through the letterbox when on holiday usually does the trick.

Cheers

Mark

owelly

posted on 16/9/05 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
Wouldn't it be awful if the aforementioned neighbour kept getting pizzas/kebabs/chinese etc food delivered at all hours of the night. And if 'they' happened to hire a skip. Hows about two tons of sand and a couple of hundred building blocks turning up early one morning/late in the afternoon? etc, etc....

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
serendipity123

posted on 16/9/05 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
i've always found revenge good.....

advertise there car for sale in auto trader. . . ps dont tell them your doing it . . . also make sure its a very good price and has there home phone number on the advert.

wilkingj

posted on 16/9/05 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
Get ALL your Junk Mail... and send it back with THEIR name and address in it. Easiest, and least traceable.

Pizza and Taxis, are fun, but messes the relavent companies about which isnt fair to them.

Wait till they go on holiday them push a Pint of prawns (not tinned... but fresh off the fish counter - even just the empty shells will do - enjoy the prawns youself!) through the letter box on the first night they are away... 2 weeks later, and they will be MONTHS getting rid of the smell, especially if its HOT weather. _ Dont get seen by the neighbours!
Good one that!. (Cheap and very smelly)

Sign them up on websites for sensible offers eg double glazing, loans etc. With their phone number.

HOWEVER.... REMEMBER that YOUR IP Address is more than likely logged by the website, so you could be traced... Do it from a Public website, ang give them a false name and address, or a Internet Cafe, and pay CASH for the session, and ensure the security camera dont get a good view of you.

There are lost of very nasty things to do... Best is to do nothing... ie he cant wind you up... Tell him the police have been round and were more interested in your car!!... wind him up... Be Subtle!! Much more fun, and less danger to you..
The nastier he gets... the nicer you be to him.. He Cannot beat that.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
garage19

posted on 16/9/05 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Wait til they go on holiday and then use your compressor to blow large amounts of cress seed through their post box.

Compliment by sticking the hose through the letter box and giving a good water.

One week later they come back to a cress carpet!

Gav

posted on 16/9/05 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
must admit i like the pair of breeding mice!
nick205

posted on 16/9/05 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
A kipper under the bonnet next to the heater intake works well too.

But Keith...please don't get arrested, you won't be able to enjot the car!

zxrlocost

posted on 16/9/05 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
this just goes to show my theory on life that no matter how nice someone is to you or you think you get on etc etc#

dont trust anyone because theyd soon drop you in the poo if it suited them, believe me!

People only ever want you when they want something then they miraclously remember your telephone number even if your the nicest person ever..

BUT IF YOY BECOME THE BIGGEST ARROGANT TOSSER EVER WHO DOESNT GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT ANYONE YOU WILL GET all the respect from everyone your phone rings all the time etc

people love wankas simple..

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Kissy

posted on 16/9/05 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
I'm surprised the police came out, a noise issue would normally have to be investigated by environmental health. I think, like bonfires, you have to do it repeatedly (more than once) to become a nuisance. Did the police indicate if you had committed an offence?

I'm with the mice brigade!

andyd

posted on 16/9/05 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
How about just going round there and being nice to them? I know that's maybe not the "cool" thing to do but you'll save yourself one hell of a lot of hassle in the future. Just apologise (even though you maybe have nothing to apologise for) and it'll really throw them. If you retaliate then expect the same in return. It'll turn nasty mark my words. I suspect they used the police because they are scared of you. They can't deal with confrontation which is why if you go to them they'll be a s nice as pie.

Smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you cry alone.

Failing that set a powder fire extinguisher off through the letter box!

Andy

Chris_R

posted on 16/9/05 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
You need a Roses tin a spring and a smaller tin to fit inside the roses tin. Fill smaller tin with maggots, place spring into Roses tin, compress spring with maggot tin and replace lid. They'll not like the surprise, the cleaning or the resutling infestation, but to be honest I don't suppose anyone else will be bothered. Alternatively, you could frame them for conspiring to assasinate a political leader, but that's prolly a little harsh IMHO.

[Edited on 16/9/05 by Chris_R]

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

DaveFJ

posted on 16/9/05 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
My favourite is writing rude words in their lawn with mustard seed.......

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

serendipity123

posted on 16/9/05 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
you could write rude words in the grass with weed killer

even beter spring flowering bulbs daffodils etc

fesycresy

posted on 16/9/05 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Or.....

Expandable foam up his exhaust, superglue his car locks and / or windscreen wipers, rest nails against his tyres, one at the front and one at the rear of the tyre, call crime stoppers and tell them he's a drug dealer, and....

last but not least, if he has a diesel car, this is the answer:

Try to get hold of a hyperdermic needle and inject red diesel through the filler rubber into his tank, by all accounts you don't need that much, but a few vials would be good.

Put a small jack of red diesel in his garden and grass the twat up.

The above is all well and good but have you thought about giving him a clip ?

[Edited on 16/9/05 by fesycresy]

nick205

posted on 16/9/05 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
you don't need to remove the exhaust for any more fine tuning do you? That would show them how considerate you were in the first place
keith2lp

posted on 16/9/05 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks everyone for all your advice. I have a bit of a prob with a few of them tho.

First off, the sad buggers never go on holiday so that's the mice and the cress throught the letter box out of the question.

As for whether I committed an offence, no the police weren't bothered, in fact he was more interested in having a chat about the build..............he even caught me having a quick test drive round the cul-de-sac and didn't say anything!!!!!!

I wouldn't mind but we are always considerate to our neighbours, and if anything they cause us loads of grief for no reason., including moaning at my 75 year old mother whenever she visits, because she parks outside my house. I don't think they have anything better to do.

As for being afraid of me.............I really don't think so............I'm only 5'6" and even the cat isn't scared of me!!!!!

Anyway, got to run it again tomorrow to check the fan comes on, I wonder how long it will be before Mr Plod turns up.

Snuggs

posted on 16/9/05 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Slacken off his sump plug.

It will fall out eventually

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

David Jenkins

posted on 16/9/05 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yes - that'll impress the motorbike riders...

quote:
Originally posted by Snuggs
Slacken off his sump plug.

It will fall out eventually

VinceGledhill

posted on 16/9/05 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
Tricky one. The more you do. The more he will get revenge. Until it turns really silly.

Best forget it or smack him.

Regards
Vince Gledhill
Time Served Auto Electrician
Lucas Leeds 1979-1983

UncleFista

posted on 16/9/05 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
I think the best thing to do to wind him up is to chat with Plod when/if he turns up again. Make sure you have a smile on your face (so the neighbour can see) offer Plod a sit in the car and shake his hand when he leaves.

I'm sure the fact that he was friendly with you would wind the neighbour up more than a pint of prawns

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

stevebubs

posted on 16/9/05 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UncleFista
I think the best thing to do to wind him up is to chat with Plod when/if he turns up again. Make sure you have a smile on your face (so the neighbour can see) offer Plod a sit in the car and shake his hand when he leaves.

I'm sure the fact that he was friendly with you would wind the neighbour up more than a pint of prawns

Ask Mr Plod if he wants a quick ride up the close, and "accidentally" rev the engine outside your neighbour's house....

Markp

posted on 16/9/05 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
I started building my car in 2000 and right from the start my neighbour was ringing environmental health, local coucil, police (you name it) he would even complain if I was locked in the garage doing the wiring!! Then it started to get nasty. He started throwing things over the fence, calling us names and playing his music loud. It got to the point that even when I finished the car he still kept harrassing us. We got hold of the police (couldn't do anything?) and we have been on to the environmental health noise polution for the last five years only to be told that they couldn't do anything!! So where do we stand, we still get the music all day and night, the occassional banding noise from his house at 4 in the morning, verbal abuse, hand gestures, the works.

What are you meant to do to keep these nutters away? play it by the book it gets you nowhere

Just wish I could win the lottery and move!

All the best

Mark

Danozeman

posted on 16/9/05 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
The best way to deal with that mate is to give him a friendly smack in the mouth. You cant be nice to ppl like this and playing them at there own game will make it worse. Have a friendly word if that dont work slap the git. My neighbours arnt bad. One side keeps getting me bits for my car for nowt and the other is interested and just wants a spin.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

wilkingj

posted on 16/9/05 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Much as smacking the git is satisfying... You will end up in court with an assault charge and a police record.

Cant you get them with environmental noise?

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.