Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: LMP starter kit
tadltd

posted on 22/9/05 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
LMP starter kit

We're now offering an LMP starter kit for £5500 inc. VAT & delivery within the UK.

Contents:

1. 7-piece, GRP body, in your choice of gel coat colour
  2. CDS round tube chassis, with all brackets (incorporates motorsport spec' roll hoops)
  3. front & rear, TIG welded, oval section wishbones
  4. 12mm wishbone rose joint set
  5. nut & bolt pack
  6. aluminium steering rack & mounts
  7. radiator mounts
  8. front crash structure

You too can have one of these...

[Edited on 22/9/05 by tadltd]

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Oliver Jetson

posted on 22/9/05 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
I gotta say I have always fancied one of these, they look awesome.
Just speculating but what could one be built for with say a ZX12 engine? Do you dry sump them?

Cheers,
Oli

tadltd

posted on 22/9/05 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
We always dry-sump them. The total cost of your build will depend on you. If you're careful where you source your parts, I reckon you'd get a dry-sumped ZX12 car on track for anything between £10-12k.

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tadltd

posted on 22/9/05 at 11:48 PM Reply With Quote
WHOOPS! I meant to put this post in the MID-ENGINED section! How do I transfer it?!

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

Winston Todge

posted on 23/9/05 at 12:05 AM Reply With Quote
This design has always appealed... Looks absolutely fantastic! I don't think you'll be short of orders to be honest...

How long did it take you to develop the car from scratch to this stage of supplying kits? SVA'able for 10 to 12k?

All the best,

Chris.

tadltd

posted on 23/9/05 at 12:25 AM Reply With Quote
TOO F**KING LONG!!

The design was penned way back in early 2002, but some elements of it had already been conceived at least 4-5 years before that! Going from CAD to prototype took approx. 6 months, then from prototype to production ready about 2.5 years!

[Edited on 23/9/05 by tadltd]

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

ned

posted on 23/9/05 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Ideal for 750mc bike sports, rgb, castle coombe gt's, semsec, sprinting, hillclimbing, britsports - go on, beat those radicals

Good move on the starter kit Steve,

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

colibriman

posted on 23/9/05 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
must admit I'd love one too.

need a bike engine? - www.colibriman.com

SVA ready Mk Indyblade possibly for sale.....if the offers good...!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
ceebmoj

posted on 23/9/05 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Just thought I would add that it is fantastic to drive as well. Having driven both the ZX9 and ZX12 variant, it is fast in both forms. If you watch Top gear you may well remember Richard Hammond saying “I am a diving god”. Well that is how I felt driving the car. I could go on for a while about driving it but I don’t want to boar any one, also English is not me best point so if you want more in from pm me

Blake

ned

posted on 23/9/05 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ceebmoj
you may well remember Richard Hammond saying “I am a diving god”.

hm king of the snorkels eh?

beware, I've got yellow skin

phelpsa

posted on 23/9/05 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ned
quote:
Originally posted by ceebmoj
you may well remember Richard Hammond saying “I am a diving god”.

hm king of the snorkels eh?

Someone had to say it ehh

kreb

posted on 23/9/05 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
Bloody nice - and reasonably attainable for the average person. You'd probably sell well in the colonies

https://www.supercars.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/1966_FiatAbarth_1000SP1.jpg

Fred W B

posted on 23/9/05 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
Does look fanatastic, really like that rear threequarter view.

Pity about the large body of water seperating Africa from UK.

Steve - what does the body alone weight?

Cheers

Fred WB

tadltd

posted on 23/9/05 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Fred (how's the belts holding up?! geddit? ah, never mind...)

I've never actually weighed the body seperately, because the front and rear clips are so bulky. However, you can lift the front (and the rear) easily with one hand, so it's got to be well under 10kg's. I'd say an all-up weight of around 30-35kgs?

[Edited on 23/9/05 by tadltd]

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

kreb

posted on 23/9/05 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Steve, it's time to pull off a couple more sets of molds, make some jigs and get us Foreign types building those suckers under license!!!!

https://www.supercars.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/1966_FiatAbarth_1000SP1.jpg

tadltd

posted on 25/9/05 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
Believe it or not, I would be interested in doing this so I'm taking advice on how to go about it.

Having dealt with Fred before, he explained the horrendous import duty in South Africa which basically eliminates any chance of selling cars at a reasonable price. It's the same story with a lot of countries where I've had enquiries from.

If you're serious about it, drop me an e-mail and I'll send you the details.

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

kreb

posted on 26/9/05 at 05:10 AM Reply With Quote
Oy, it's more than I can manage just now, but if my current negotiations to buy the company I work for fall through, I may be looking for something...

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 26/9/05 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tadltd
Believe it or not, I would be interested in doing this so I'm taking advice on how to go about it.

Having dealt with Fred before, he explained the horrendous import duty in South Africa which basically eliminates any chance of selling cars at a reasonable price. It's the same story with a lot of countries where I've had enquiries from.

If you're serious about it, drop me an e-mail and I'll send you the details.

The other problem is the design....... South Africans got rather good at making knock offs.....just look at the outcome of Catervan vs birkin. Caterham vs Birkin cars

The way to do it is the other way round cheaper labour costs ect and export...but again that large body of water

stevebubs

posted on 26/9/05 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
How's the Coupe version coming along?
tadltd

posted on 26/9/05 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Still on the drawing board, I'm afraid. The guy I did the design for - who was backing it - pulled out.

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

kreb

posted on 26/9/05 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

South Africans got rather good at making knock offs.....just look at the outcome of Catervan vs birkin. Caterham vs Birkin cars

That's a pretty backhanded statement. From what I've read, Caterham's claim to the Lotus 7 design is pretty iffy, but their willingness to intimidate others through the courts seems positively.....American.

The recently released "Lotus 7 and the Independents" is my primary source btw. It's got an entire section on the various court battles.

Look, the kit car business is full of charlatans and hucksters, but let's not just drop a blanket statement on a country.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 26/9/05 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

but let's not just drop a blanket statement on a country

I have worked and lived in the rainbow nation for just "a few years" so I think I can make that statement. We did get rather good at making things when others wouldnt sell then to the nationalists.
Nuff said. history will teach us nothing

[Edited on 26-9-05 by mangogrooveworkshop]

tadltd

posted on 26/9/05 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
Dontcha just love web forums? We go from talking about the price of a kit-car, to law-suits, to the political history of a nation in one, short thread!

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

thomas4age

posted on 30/9/05 at 04:23 AM Reply With Quote
Hey Steve,

So it's now finaly comming as a kit! brilliant!!! I don't know how many times a week you read your e-mail but I send you a couple of questions somewhere this week, could you have a look and perhaps provide some awnsers.

a couple of questions might be good to have here too,

Are you comming to donnington this oktober.

and what sort of Uprights can be used, besides yours alloy one's which I take are pretty expensive. (BMW e36 maybe just as the spindles on the alloy ones)

could you maybe also give some measurements on the engine bay, and length of chassis/body behind the rear wheel centers, I've been looking at buying an UN1 gearbox to mount my engine to, but first be sure it fits before i buy something expensive which I can't use.

Which size wheels is in the back and what sort of rubber (for Vmax calculations)
the set-up I have pre-calculated, using a UN1-013 Renault 21 turbo box on 205-50-15 W tyres showes 166MPH (267km) which would be rather interesting
givving it will have roughly 400hp and bonkers amounts of torque would it be possible to achieve this top speed, aerodynamicly wise?

I can play around a little with different types of Un1's and tyre sizes,
so whats stock for the LMP?

Hope you are able to provide me with this stuff.

grtz Thomas

[Edited on 30/9/05 by thomas4age]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.