Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: lolocost chassis kits
Pablo

posted on 30/11/01 at 11:45 PM Reply With Quote
lolocost chassis kits

Hi peeps, anyone have any experience of these chassis kits? they are only £95 inc wondered if there was any shortcomings with em.
ChrisW

posted on 1/12/01 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Not even heard about this (apart from the name rings a bell) Have you got a website address where I can read about it?

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pablo

posted on 1/12/01 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.lolocost.com/
under special offers

Pablo

posted on 1/12/01 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
PS. it aint the chassis thats on display on the site its a as the book one.
ChrisW

posted on 2/12/01 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
All looks good on that site. The metal cost me £100 including delivery so £95 for all the tubes pre-cut sounds like a bargain. Pity you need to go and pick it all up though (remember to budget petrol cost)

As for the chassis in their photos - it has some kind of IRS system on it although not the one used on most IRS locosts as usually they have wishbones on the back as well as on the front. If you go up there, try and get a good photo of whats going on at the back of that car!!

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pablo

posted on 2/12/01 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
I have been on the phone already to them, that chassis they show ya I was gonna order, and your right its an IRS using the back end of the Sierra, but they wouldnt sell it to me.
It was a low volume production thing, they took to long to sell and are not willing to produce any more .
Back to the origonal chassis, I thought it was a bit of a bargain too, just wondered if any of u folks had got one as it might be low quality. How much have u guys paid out for tubing to build your own?

ChrisW

posted on 3/12/01 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
See above mate - £100 for all the metal plus delivery. I will have a bit left so you could probably knock a tenner off if you could by the exact amount (wasn't possible in the lengths the company supplied)

£95 sounds reasonable as they probably buy metal in bulk to reduce the costs and with a proper table saw it wouldn't take long to cut all the lengths.

Chris

Pablo

posted on 3/12/01 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
Ah yes soz Chris missread your reply, Im gonna go 4 it I think, have to wait till after xmxs now tho.

Cheers

ChrisW

posted on 3/12/01 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
Let us know how it all goes (take some photos!)

Chris

billabong

posted on 20/12/01 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Try phoning around, for 7 lengths of 25mm square, 3 20mm squre, and 2 20mm round, I got quotes from £70 to £110. I went with the £70, and they even chopped it in half which is then small enough for the family wagon. Although make sure your roof bars are strong.
Pablo

posted on 20/12/01 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Got the metal myself cost £30 for the 25mm and £6 for the 19mm round, Im leaving the 19 square for now cos they could only supply 20 and 2mm thick, but that was £14.
Delivered this week.

Pablo

merlin

posted on 20/12/01 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
Try a company called HUB TUBES (several branches) I'm not certain as to our level of discount but I was quoted £37 for the lot and that included 1 extra length of 25x25x16swg. May be worth a call if anyone is still wanting to start building.
bigdaddyadd

posted on 5/1/02 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
I paid £45.00 from local steel stock holders for 25x25 and 19x19 box and blagged one of the local pipe bending firms for some off cuts from the srap bi for the tube. I'm just about to go back to get some more tubes for the wish bones and trailing arms admittedley I once worked their as a welder fabricator so had abit of inside knowledge but ask around your bound to know someone or somewhere you can blag some freebies. Any one interested in some cheap wish bones give me a shout as I have produced acurate steel jigs and machined and tapped a number of parts extra to requirements can do in tig weld also for that extra strength
merlin

posted on 5/1/02 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
wishbones sound good...how cheap is cheap?
bigdaddyadd

posted on 6/1/02 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
Will do cost assesment and post a price by the end of the week. As I have a fabrication buisness should be considerably less than advertised by other manufacturers and will consider exchange for other locost/donor parts make me an offer what price does anyone think is reasonable for a full set of wishbones. If making an order please give details of ball joint mounting bolts if other to those in the book
ChrisW

posted on 7/1/02 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Count me in aswell! I really don't fancy making my own wishbones!

ChrisW

Metal Hippy™

posted on 9/1/02 at 01:01 AM Reply With Quote
Me three!!!

President of the Non-conformist Locost Builders Club. E-mail for details...

Pablo

posted on 9/1/02 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Make that 4

sjhitch1

posted on 11/1/02 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,
I've just decided that I don't fancy the wishbones too so I'm interested.

Cheers,

Steve

sjhitch1

posted on 11/1/02 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
I guess that should have read 'I don't fancy making the wishbones'

Oops, still it was my first post - can only get better from here.

Steve

Pablo

posted on 12/1/02 at 01:07 AM Reply With Quote
LOL n1 Steve

bob

posted on 12/1/02 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hey!! Looks like this website is making up the gap in the market Locost Limited have made.
Every cloud and all that.

bigdaddyadd

posted on 22/1/02 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
Go to my new home site for further details I will be updating alot in the next few weeks so click the mind it link whilst you are there bare bones at the moment but will build quickly anyone with something to say or tips to pass on just wanting to show off their car get in contact
bigdaddyadd

posted on 22/1/02 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
http://locostbuld.tripod.com
sjhitch1

posted on 23/1/02 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Even better with the 'i' in it

http://locostbuild.tripod.com

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.