Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost X-flow to 4 AG-E swop
ppuxley

posted on 6/10/05 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
Locost X-flow to 4 AG-E swop

Just embarking on changing my 4 year old book built Locost 1300 X-Flow to Toyota 4AG-E mill. Have a whole crash damaged MR2 Mk1 1989 TVIS, with known history and sound engine.
I plan to keep the TVIS ,(modified to get below the bonnet line),mate the engine to the existing Sierra type 9 gearbox via a RAW bellhouse conversion kit and use one of their exhaust systems.
I have read the various threads and looked at a load of web pages, Rob Lane ,Phil Bradshaw etc,but I still have questions and would appreciate any advice.

Has anyone done a cut and shut job on the 8 port TVIS plenum to lower it in a similar way that Rob Lane did with his 4 port non TVIS manifold? Albertz talks about doing it (post of11/12/03) but I don’t know whether he ever did .

I want to keep the whole EFI and engine control system as is ,at least to start with. If I keep the whole Engine bay loom what do I need to keep of the rest of the loom that goes forward to the console/ignition switch etc.
On the other hand I liked the relative simplicity of Rob Lanes ECU wiring www.domsat.co.uk/pages/ecuwiring.htm which seems to dispense with some relays eg Injector ,but my wire colour coding and sensor connections are different enough to take me beyond my basic understanding for the electrical side. And I’d worry about making the wrong interptetation. So any advice here would be gratefully received

Patrick

mookaloid

posted on 6/10/05 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
Can't answer any of your questions, but it sounds like an excellent project.

Good luck with it

Cheers

mark

nicksertis

posted on 6/10/05 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
It might help to look at the Aus Locost group on Yahoo (can anyone provide the link?) cos the 4AGE is used more commonly in Australia I believe.

ATB,
Nick

thomas4age

posted on 6/10/05 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hey ppuxley

I've done exactly that what you're planning to do, and have a large website with just about any detail you might want to know about the 4age engine and all parts on or beside is.
wiring diagrams, bolt torques, trouble with idle, etc etc The lot.

the adres is

www.jwkoelewijn.nl/thomas

when you skip to page 2 you'll find the english written version of the x-flow to 4age engine swap album, in it are sub albums detailing every part of the rebuild of the car and the swap.

did you know a 4age in this light car returns 19km per litre of fuel?
and it's quick also. did a 183km an hour on the zandvoort racetrack straight last weekend!

regards Thomas

ps if you have any questions just mail or u2u

[Edited on 6/10/05 by thomas4age]

ppuxley

posted on 6/10/05 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
Thomas
This is just what I was hoping for. A lot for me to read and digest and I'm sure I'll be back with some questions.
Thanks a lot
Patrick

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.