Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Check your extinguisher for 2006!
tadltd

posted on 6/10/05 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Check your extinguisher for 2006!

As the title says, all race cars have to have plumbed in extinguishers for next season. If you need one, let me know (Lifeline). Why not organise a group buy and save a fortune!

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 6/10/05 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Steve,

Don't happen to know if helmet regs are changing do you? ie are blue sticker type A still ok or will we need red sticker type a/fr?

cheers,

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Lotusmark2

posted on 6/10/05 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
I think race suit regs are changing to arent they?
tadltd

posted on 6/10/05 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
From Lifeline:

"Plumbed Extinguisher Systems mandatory for UK Race Cars

From 1st January 2006 all UK race cars must have plumbed extinguisher systems fitted.

New MSA regulations will require plumbed systems in all race cars, unless a specific waiver has been granted ie. certain historic categories. This means a minimum 2.25 litre Zero 2000 foam or 2.25kg Zero 360 gas system will be needed. The new regulation takes effect on 1st January 2006"

Not sure on helmets and race suits, but can find out in the morning. It might also apply to belts...

[Edited on 6/10/05 by tadltd]

[Edited on 6/10/05 by tadltd]

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

andylancaster3000

posted on 7/10/05 at 02:40 AM Reply With Quote
Jesus...more money...

How much is a cheapish extinguisher then roughly?

Andy

Rob Palin

posted on 7/10/05 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
It's annoying because i've just bought a new extinguisher to replace my old one which was edging towards red on the gauge.

Does anyone know if there's a kit to turn a standard one into a 'plumbed in' system, bearing in mind the pics make them look like they're little more than brake tube stuck on the end of a standard extinguisher?

tadltd

posted on 7/10/05 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
The basic Lifeline 2.25 ltr Zero 2000 'Club Fire Marshal' system is available to Locostbuilders at £119.50 (5% off RRP).

I can do 6-10 systems for 10% off (£113 each), or 11+ systems for 15% off (£106 each).

If you've bought a Lifeline hand-held, please let me know which model it is and I'll check if it can be converted to 'plumbed-in'.

If the gauge is showing nearly red, the extinguisher may just need re-filled. If it's a Lifeline one, then I can arrange re-filling for you, from £20.

[Edited on 7/10/05 by tadltd]

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

Locost82

posted on 7/10/05 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
Personally I prefer a handheld extinguisher in an open car. A fire will not be confined to the other side of the firewall, and I'd rather have the opportunity to put myself out. Anybody can grab and direct my extinguisher at the fire, and I can use it to put somebody else out.
Jon Ison

posted on 7/10/05 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
spot on i have seen two plumbed in jobbies in actıon in both cases i could pi55 quicker best place ıf you can is park near a marshall it worked for me at donnington did you see the RGB car go up at Cadwell early this season? that had a plumbed in system the car was a rıght off

tadltd

posted on 7/10/05 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Well, reg's say it's either plumbed-in or no racing...

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

Jon Ison

posted on 8/10/05 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
fully aware of that one, why do you think most rally cars carry a (illegal) bcf jobbie under the seat

1) they dont make so much mess
2) they work

If at all possible best advice is pull up at a marshals post, those boys never fail.

The rally car bit is a direct quote from a senior MSA scrutineer.

[Edited on 8/10/05 by Jon Ison]

Danielc

posted on 6/11/05 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
If you need any lifeline stuff try this guy by far the cheapest around

LLS10026C Clubman Fire Marshal System -complete with everything needed to plumb in to car - £95 UK delivered price.

keithc913@yahoo.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.