Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wallpaper pictures
Jumpy Guy

posted on 11/10/05 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
wallpaper pictures

when i select an image to be my windows wallpaper, it seems to pixelate it.

as an example, i look at the Suzuki concept car pics in windows viewer, and they look great, no pixelation

then i right click, select to apply as background wallpaper, but then it seems to lose a lot of resolution and become pixelated.

any ideas??

flak monkey

posted on 11/10/05 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
The image is probably too lower resolution to use as a good quality desktop. (If you mean this one:
http://car-reviews.automobile.com/images/cars/ArtImages/12446/07.jpg )

However the other 2 pictures should be more than good enough on your desktop as most people dont run at 1600x1200

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Jumpy Guy

posted on 11/10/05 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
yeah, thats my point - if i look at them in paint, or paint shop pro then they look fine.

likewise look fiine in windows file viewer at full screen size, but lose resolution when i use them as wallpaper

Lotusmark2

posted on 11/10/05 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
set it as wallpaper then tell windows to "tile" the desktop picture not fit to window or stretch
iank

posted on 11/10/05 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jumpy Guy
yeah, thats my point - if i look at them in paint, or paint shop pro then they look fine.

likewise look fiine in windows file viewer at full screen size, but lose resolution when i use them as wallpaper

change the scale of the picture in paint shop pro to the same number of pixels as your desktop resolution. Then use that image for the wallpaper.

scoobyis2cool

posted on 11/10/05 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
What he said ^ Graphics programs have much more fancy methods of resizing pictures which means they end up looking smooth and nice, whereas windows just bodges it, and it ends up looking tatty.

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.