Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Enforced salvage
Mark Allanson

posted on 16/10/05 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Enforced salvage

As a few of you know, I have given up the bodywork trade after 20 years, and have moved on to being a motor insurance assessor.

I write off even more cars and now I deal with bikes too. One of the bike insurance companies insist that I value the salvage before I have a buyer, and if a buyer cannot be found, I have to buy the salvage myself. I wrote off a CBR1000 on friday, the bike was worth £3800, and I valued the salvage at 15% so I wont get stuck with it. If a buyer doesn't bite, I will be stuck with a CBR1000 with 22k on the clock for £570.

Then I got to thinking........

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Deckman001

posted on 16/10/05 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Can't you get into trouble for thinking like that !!

Jason

bob

posted on 16/10/05 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Blimey mark people might start thinking you are a londoner thinking like that

Mark Allanson

posted on 16/10/05 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Oh dear, do you mean to tell me that the salvage is worth more that £570?

Who on earth would want a damaged motorcycle, when the only thing undamaged is the engine, clocks and wiring and modules? i just cannot think............

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

bob

posted on 16/10/05 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
LOL

Nice job mark,i'll put that with my list of favourite jobs along with dazzas flying illegals to there homeland and donuts house husband

colibriman

posted on 16/10/05 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
Mark,
you and I will need to talk....

need a bike engine? - www.colibriman.com

SVA ready Mk Indyblade possibly for sale.....if the offers good...!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Strolls

posted on 17/10/05 at 02:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
...I have given up the bodywork trade after 20 years, and have moved on to being a motor insurance assessor. I write off cars...
I really wish you were local to me - I'm looking for a donor at the moment & it'd be really nice to have someone able to keep an eye open for me.

steve_gus

posted on 17/10/05 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
thats totally daft! why the heck would someone want to price something high if they are gonna get stuck with it.... that ins co needs their bumps felt

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wilkingj

posted on 17/10/05 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Strolls
[I really wish you were local to me - I'm looking for a donor at the moment & it'd be really nice to have someone able to keep an eye open for me.

Ahh.. Mark.. We Need to talk.. I can fit a Pile of Bike engines and bits in the Caravan, and in the back of the Land Rover, and on the roofrack if I run out of space... I can transport job Lots from Cornwall but only once a year!

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

Mark Allanson

posted on 18/10/05 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
It seems that the salvage has to be bought by a registered buyer - still looking into the complete picture

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.