Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: big screen TV
dmottaway

posted on 27/10/05 at 04:05 AM Reply With Quote
big screen TV

local electronics emporium wants in excess of $500 to "install" a large screen TV.

we are not talking projection, just a 50" flat screen, HDTV.

whats the big deal? just take it out of the box, plug in power, antenna/cable feed,sit back enjoy. Or more?

thanx

dave

Somewhere, in Texas, a village is missing its idiot.

dl_peabody

posted on 27/10/05 at 04:29 AM Reply With Quote
One word...

Liability

Sorry I take that back.....2 words

Liability & Profit

Strolls

posted on 27/10/05 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dmottaway
local electronics emporium wants in excess of $500 to "install" a large screen TV... whats the big deal?

My understanding was that big flat-screens are normally mounted to the wall, and they're big & heavy. I'm sure I've read on a UK website that sells these that they recommend paying a professional to install them.

I was glancing at plasma screens on the web last night & think I saw a wall-mount alone for £120, so $500 for installation seems in the same order of cost. After spening all that money on a telly you basically want someone who's insured if it falls off the wall.

Stroller.

paulbeyer

posted on 27/10/05 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah they are heavy but no heavier than a fully loaded kitchen cabinet. I wall mounted my 42" plasma on my own in about 15 minutes. The wall mount came in 2 parts, half bolted to the wall and the other to the back of the TV. Then it hung on the wall like a picture, simple. Choose the right heavy duty fixings for your wall type and you cant go wrong. (no where near as difficult as building your own car).

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.