Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: sierra recaros?
stu da rude

posted on 28/10/05 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
sierra recaros?

Does anyone know if the recaros fitted to rs sierras and such fit into an indy? just wondered if they were a bit wide?

piddy

posted on 28/10/05 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
I dont know for sure but I would say there way to wide.
john_p_b

posted on 28/10/05 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
not a chance.

the recaros in my saph are a lot wider than the GRP seats in my indy.

plus you'd have a lot of problems with the height of the base fitting a standard road car into a indy.

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

stu da rude

posted on 28/10/05 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
figured as much... am wondering now if im gonna fit in one! remember the recaros being really comfy, whilst still being 'hugging', im gonna have to try a 7 methinks...

scotty g

posted on 29/10/05 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
Don't know how big you are but if a 7 is a bit "cramped" you might want to consider the +4 version (4 inches wider), more and more people are taking this route now.
john_p_b

posted on 29/10/05 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stu da rude
figured as much... am wondering now if im gonna fit in one! remember the recaros being really comfy, whilst still being 'hugging', im gonna have to try a 7 methinks...

i don't think you'd have a problem unless you're proper huge! my dad is roughly 17st and he fits in ok i'm just the wrong side of 15st and i have no problems at all.

there are also several different seats you can fit in a indy or what ever that give you as much or little room as you want.

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

chrisg

posted on 30/10/05 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
I have sierra cosworth recaros in my +4 Locost.

I had to remove all the adjuster and metalwork from the side and even then they're a tight fit.

They're very comfortable, but to my mind just a bit too big all round for the car - I'm looking for something else.

They wouldn't go in an indy.

Cheers

Chris

[Edited on 30/10/05 by chrisg]

kevano

posted on 30/10/05 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
i'd recommend tritons offerings myself, you don't really want upholstered seats in your indy if you get caught out in the wet your seats'll be wet for ages and in my opinion they wouldn't really suit the look of the car(just my 2p's worth)
Marcus

posted on 30/10/05 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
I used Recaro seat bases in my locost - came out of my Manta.
Had to strip down and remove 1" section from the middle of passenger seat and 2" section from drivers seat. They're still THE most comfy seats I've used. 17 hrs non stop driving from Cannes to Calais (via Paris ) and still fresh as a daisy when we got there!

Marcus

[Edited on 30/10/05 by Marcus]

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stu da rude

posted on 30/10/05 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the replies folks, im still unsure about the look myself, was just a pondering... i do like the look of the roadster 7 jobbies more and more anyway... good point about getting wet kevano, never thought about that! just curious as to how comfy the triton seats are? could you drive around for a good afternoon and not feel like you've been dragged along on the back of a spade afterwards?!
Marcus, do you mean you used just the base and not the backs? what did u use?

Marcus

posted on 1/11/05 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Used just the bases. For the backs I used Cavalier SRi rear seats - same material!

Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.