Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Someone to make me an ally fuel tank kinda like this...
gutball

posted on 8/11/05 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Someone to make me an ally fuel tank kinda like this...

Fuel tank model
Fuel tank model

Anyone up for the challenge??

EDIT - sorry, dims not very clear - they are only approximate at this stage anyway, all within 10mm or so tho. All the features are there.

[Edited on 8/11/05 by gutball]

Jon Ison

posted on 8/11/05 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
not local too you but........

Martin of Mk and Bryn of allfab would make you a top job and post it too you.

locoboy

posted on 8/11/05 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Viper who posts on here would make one to order and *probably* be cheaper then the above two

ATB
Locoboy

JoelP

posted on 8/11/05 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Viper who *used to* post on here would make one to order and *probably* be cheaper then the above two

hasnt been on since june

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

gutball

posted on 8/11/05 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys. Sent a mail to Bryn for a quote - not looking forward to it!

Any comments on the design, esp the baffle?

Not exactly experienced in these things! Its a submersible pump for injection (if you hadnt guess that already ).

Jon Ison

posted on 8/11/05 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Talk too bryn on phone, he knows is tanks, made me a beauty for the GT1, a tank in a tank, small foam filled tank for racing inside a larger tank for the road, dropped in on Martin today to talk about tank, exhaust and roll bar for the "Hybrid" GT1, he was busy making top quality tanks, there both 1st class.

The above tank will be coming out if anyone's interested in it, no good for a 7 due too shape but would go in a middy nice, (fits in side pod)

stevebubs

posted on 9/11/05 at 12:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gutball
Thanks guys. Sent a mail to Bryn for a quote - not looking forward to it!

Any comments on the design, esp the baffle?

Not exactly experienced in these things! Its a submersible pump for injection (if you hadnt guess that already ).

Call him and he'll ask you to fax over some sketches for a price.

Depending on your expectations you may be pleasantly surprised - my custom 50litre Fury tank was a lot less than I was expecting - cost less than the 8 gallon Fisher one.

hearnia

posted on 9/11/05 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
If you're after an amazing quality tank then speak to Peter of Willweld Ltd. He pointed out to me a lot of faults with my MK tank and even sorted them free of charge for me.

His welding is incredible and will send you pics of his work. Not at all pricey, but the quality speaks for itself.

Email: sales@willweld.com
Mobile: 07850511931
Tel/Fax: 01233770888

I honestly cant recommend him enough.

NS Dev

posted on 10/11/05 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
I take it that the "well" at one end of the tank is the "anti-surge" area for the pump to draw from.

If so, it's too flat and shallow. If you can't make it deeper (and I would guess that would risk it grounding ona low curb) then make it smaller, and actually weld it onto the base of the tank, as in weld a full length base into the tank, work out where your surge tank will go and then holesaw a 30mm hole in the tank base and weld the surge "tank" (pot, lump, whatever you want to call it!) over the hole. That way the fuel can get in but not out very easily. With a big flat pan like you have the fuel will just surge away from the outlet.
..................just read that you are using a submersible pump. That won't fit in the arrangment I have just described. Does it have an integral surge tank in the pump assembly? If not it really needs one. If not then use an external pump with the arrangement that I have described.

[Edited on 10/11/05 by NS Dev]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.