Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Keep those doors locked.
Noodle

posted on 9/11/05 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Keep those doors locked.

Mate of mine was in his Discovery last night when a gentleman attempted to break into his car. 6pm, rush hour traffic.

The Disco has an automatic system (like my 525) that puts on the central locking when setting off and this chappy failed.

I'm glad that he failed on 2 fronts:

1. My mates car was not involved in some gangs revenge gun-attack dodgyness somewhere.

2. My gentle friend, when provoked, is a complete mental case and I fear his assailant would be now taking his nourishment through a drip. Or worse.

Worth remembering. Keep those doors locked. Or get one of those South African flame sprayers.

Take solace, se7ens are crap for ram-raids.

Cheers,

Neil.

Your sort make me sick

JoelP

posted on 9/11/05 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
i always lock my doors nowadays. When friends ask why, i say im not planning on anyone getting in, so why leave them unlocked? I still have a lump from the last time unwelcome guests got in, 2 years ago.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

serendipity123

posted on 9/11/05 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
i got car jacked in birmingham (soho rd) a couple of years ago, really sh1t me up
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 9/11/05 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
Get South African flame thrower! I think I will take on the agency........We invented those for good reasons.....

CNN - Flamethrower now an option on S. African cars - Dec. 11, 1998: http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812/11/flame.thrower.car/

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa (CNN) -- Crime-obsessed South Africans have a powerful new weapon with which to stop likely criminals: the car flamethrower.

Watch the Blaster at work. QuickTime movie. 2.9 MB, 30 sec.

Casting a man-high fireball, reportedly with no damage to the paint, the Blaster has been placed on 25 South African vehicles since its introduction last month.

At 3,900 rand ($655), it offers a cheap, dramatic defense against carjackers. It has yet to be deemed illegal.

South African courts allow killing if convinced that it's in self-defense. The defense is not unheard of. In last year's 13,000 carjackings, criminals often brandished weapons . . .

The Blaster squirts liquefied gas from a bottle in the automobile's trunk through two nozzles, located under the front doors. The gas is then ignited by an electric spark . . .

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 9/11/05 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
Just found the pic

steve_gus

posted on 9/11/05 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
I think what you do depends on the area in which you live.

I am in rural middle england. I have far greater risk of becoming involved in an accident rather than being carjacked. So, I always leave my doors unlocked. I think its more likely I might need rescue than defence against hijack.

My not so upmarket 2004 laguna sports tourer has auto locking feature - you can program it to come on over 5mph or not. For me, its not.

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
benji106

posted on 9/11/05 at 11:51 PM Reply With Quote
my nan was driving down the road (in liverpool) when a group of drunken kids were opening doors on passing cars, the kids were wondering about the street so the cars had to slow down. no one got in because her dog was in the car but she was pretty shaken up. makes me sick, id love to have been there to slap the taste out of their mouths, arrogant b*stards (self defence of course officer)

-Everything in excess-

Triton

posted on 9/11/05 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote
Northampton and surrounding area is kinda filling up with "visitors from planet waste of space"....i lock my doors when going into Northampton now

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 9/11/05 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't got any doors

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Triton

posted on 10/11/05 at 12:01 AM Reply With Quote
One of the reasons for the "great escape".

No doors? well in the shire you won't need them unless going to that odd place....

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

steve_gus

posted on 10/11/05 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
Northampton and surrounding area is kinda filling up with "visitors from planet waste of space"....i lock my doors when going into Northampton now

The kettering road is particularly ethnic as you come away from the town centre.

I dont often go into northampton. Most of my driving is on the A45, A14, M1 and A1198. You would need to be a pretty fast runner in most places to open my doors

atb

steve

[Edited on 10/11/05 by steve_gus]

Just knock off the 's'!

Triton

posted on 10/11/05 at 12:13 AM Reply With Quote
Northampton is a a dumping ground for loonies from across the water who come over hiding in backs of trucks...apparently!!!

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Mark Allanson

posted on 10/11/05 at 12:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
One of the reasons for the "great escape".

No doors? well in the shire you won't need them unless going to that odd place....

You don't mean the dreaded Gulval with its equaly terrible associated hamlets?

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

robinbastd

posted on 10/11/05 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
You don't mean the dreaded Gulval with its equaly terrible associated hamlets?

You're fairly safe there if you stay in the car as the natives surplus toes hinder their running.

Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

http://smuttygifts.com/

Triton

posted on 10/11/05 at 12:21 AM Reply With Quote

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Triton

posted on 10/11/05 at 12:22 AM Reply With Quote
Tunnel nearly finished

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Mark Allanson

posted on 10/11/05 at 12:23 AM Reply With Quote
I should be OK as long as I keep plonking my horne

Triton

posted on 10/11/05 at 12:26 AM Reply With Quote
PMS...stop it

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Mark Allanson

posted on 10/11/05 at 12:37 AM Reply With Quote
I thought only Mandy suffered from PMS

donut

posted on 10/11/05 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Take solace, se7ens are crap for ram-raids.

Bugger!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

Jonr

posted on 10/11/05 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
I had one of the barstewards try but I saw him coming so I opened the door full force with a bit of throttle too and knocked the tit for 6. His mates were about to intervene so I didn't linger.

Wife always locks the doors but I would rather have them unlocked in case of an accident.

So would the flamethrowers constitue 'reasonable force' as per the ongoing debate?

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 10/11/05 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

So would the flamethrowers constitue 'reasonable force' as per the ongoing debate?

Fried CHAV what a thought.

When we were out in the seven in SA my pal always had the gun holstered between his legs just in case. I had much the same.

steve_gus

posted on 10/11/05 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
so, was the weapon between your legs as big as your mates, or smaller?

atb

steve

Just knock off the 's'!

quattromike

posted on 10/11/05 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
does that flame throwers work on law officers?

Mike

not that I get stopped allot or anything

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.