Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Newey to Red Bull
britishtrident

posted on 10/11/05 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
Newey to Red Bull

Newey is joining at Red Bull -- should be interesting particularly as he has worked well with DC at both Williams and MacLaren.
mookaloid

posted on 10/11/05 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
mmm definitely interesting.

Might be interesting for Mclaren too...

omega 24 v6

posted on 10/11/05 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Mmmmm this is going to make a big difference to Red Bull i think (hope). However even as a fellow scot I think DC lacks the killer instinct. He's to often been happy to settle for a points position IMHO.
Ben Smith

posted on 10/11/05 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
It has been suggested on another forum that one of the reasons he's going to Red Bull is because he likes working with DC when developing new cars. He did the same when DC moved from Williams to Mclaren.

Ben.

Jumpy Guy

posted on 10/11/05 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
eh? DC has the most GP wins after Schumaker.....

more points than any other driver than MS... more points than most world champions...

hardly a lack of killer instinct....

tks

posted on 10/11/05 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
yeah...

if anyone of the drivers can tell you how to drive an car what the differences are then its DC, he is the 2nd most succesful (in points/gps).

Its surely an good move. The crap is as always that we will have to wait one year at least. to something of the car.

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

JoelP

posted on 10/11/05 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
my bro will be gutted that he's leaving mclaren!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

rusty nuts

posted on 10/11/05 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Is'nt D.C one of the oldest drivers in F1 ? He should have more wins/points than most of the newer guys if that is the case. Have to agree ,he lacks the killer instinct
steve_gus

posted on 10/11/05 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
its likely money or another reason. Why join a team with a driver thats not far from retirement and hansnt won the championship since entering in 1994?

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega 24 v6

posted on 10/11/05 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Didn't mean any dissrespect to DC, as I do believe he has a great knack of being able to translate what happens with the car on track to the race engineers. This possibly ties in with an earlier post saying Newey likes working with him. On race day though he seems to the type who plans to win the war but not the battle in hand and in the process the spectators lose out. All IMHO.
But I hope, and think, next year could be the best one we've seen for a long while.

andyps

posted on 10/11/05 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
DC may be one of the oldest drivers, and has been around for a while, but he hasn't been there as long as Schumacher. He has collected a lot of points along the way and the reality is that you can't achieve that without being pretty good - he has pulled some good overtaking moves on Schumacher over the years too.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

omega 24 v6

posted on 10/11/05 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Yes some good moves. But in reality with the amount of points and race wins he has surely if he had taken more chances and had the "killer instinct" then he would have had a championship title by now. He was lucky to get a drive last year remeber and if he does'nt shine next season I personally think it'll be his last chance.
steve_gus

posted on 10/11/05 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Coultard joined as the replacement for senna after his death - you can date it from that. Coultard isnt a fabulous driver, hes OK. Not championship material tho. Mika Hakkinen was in the doldrums a few years before he made good, but coultards done about double that time........

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Russ-Turner

posted on 11/11/05 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
IMO Coulthard's problem is that he doesn't always subtract the maximum from his car which in turn leads to inconsistency. It is easy to argue that no driver can get 100% from their race car, but one thing you never hear from Michael Schumacher after a Grand Prix is that he had some sort of handling problem with his car. The opposite can be said for D.C. where i've lost count of the amount of times he says "I think I had enough understeer for the whole grid" or "the rear was really loose until I blahdy, blahdy, blah"
He is good at some things though!!

Simone

Hellfire

posted on 11/11/05 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Simone - I must be picky then

Old square jaw has never had what it takes to be a world champion - I thought Hakkinen did, but when I saw him cry like a baby in 1999(?) I feared the worsed. It has happened and Schuey has ruled until of late... he should have retired whilst in front. He won't get another chance...

bob

posted on 11/11/05 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
I met DC at silverstone in 1994 at an F1 test just after the death of senna,one of the williams mechanics said he wouldnt win a world championship as long as he had a whole in his backside.
The mechs quote has worked out to be true but at the time i thought it was just sour grapes that he had just lost senna as his main man and gained a rookie.

I quiet like DC and he has done well considering having money in the first place gained him a seat over ability,still i wish newey well and hope DC can get on the podium again along with any other brit.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.