Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Autosport show, you NEED to see the live action this year!!!!
NS Dev

posted on 13/11/05 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Autosport show, you NEED to see the live action this year!!!!

Reet!

Time for a bit of promotion of "my" sport!!

Following the MASSIVE success of the oval action arena last year at the autosport show (where, frankly, the autograss specials made everything else look unbelievably tame, incl the F1 stockers!!) the show this year will include autograss cars in the normal live actiomn arena.

Apparently the stir caused by the class 8,9 and 10 specials last year has meant that the organisers have had a rethink!!

THIS YEAR'S SHOW (well, next year in Jan!) WILL FEATURE AN "AUTOGRASS VS RALLYCROSS CHALLENGE"

THIS IS GOING TO BE SOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cars will be: from the autograss camp, Phil Cooper, national class 9 champion, in his Lexus-Yamaha powered maverick special, and ladies national champ Sandra Bagley in her Mills-Hayabusa class 8 special.................................from the rallycross camp there will be two of the fastest super modified cars in the country, Kevin Procter's Lotus Exige and the RWD Turbo Pug 206 of Dave Bellerby..................................................................... Phil Cooper was spoken to by autograss review and said this: "I think the last time anything like this was done was years ago at Brentwood when my dad (Mal Cooper) was faster than Will Gollop's Supercar, but it'll be better at the NEC because it's indoors and you can see everything from up in the stands. I'm looking forward to it already!"

Then bear in mind that Will Gollop's Supercar at the time mentioned was circa 600hp and also 4wd!!!

As well as this challenge, the grassers will also be featuring in the oval spectaculars each evening, but not specials thsi year. This time it's class 5 and 7 saloons.

To whet your appetite, class 7's are fully modified saloons, with unlimited cc's, multi-engined, or forced induction, the only real rules for the spectator are that the cars must be OVER 1400cc, and must be rwd and look like the silhouette of the car that they were built from!!!

SEE YOU THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omega 24 v6

posted on 13/11/05 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Six of us oval fans are leaving here at around 2 on sat morning and driving down already booked the live arena for sat noght and staying overnite and returning sunday (back to work on monday morning) I'll be knucking fackered.
NS Dev

posted on 13/11/05 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
cool!!!

'tis a fair ride out for you!!!!!

only 30 mins for me, but saying that I'd still go even if it were a big trek, especially with the promise of the autograss vs rallycross.

Will be great to watch a few people as they see just how ludicrously fast those "little cars with the wheels that stick out" really are!!

I remember walking out of the arena last year and EVERYBODY was talking about the autograss specials!!! Lots of people saying "what were those little things with the sticky out wheels, they were amazing!" Was amusing that they managed to roll one in the arena last year!!! Gotta let the crowd know you're trying!!!!!

[Edited on 13/11/05 by NS Dev]

colibriman

posted on 13/11/05 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
I can't wait...I'll be there.
I have provided quite a few engines to autograssers so am well aware of just how quick they are.

2 x gsxr1000's, R1's or RSV Milles etc in something that weighs very little is always a recipe for fun !

need a bike engine? - www.colibriman.com

SVA ready Mk Indyblade possibly for sale.....if the offers good...!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega 24 v6

posted on 13/11/05 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Yeo tis just short of 1000miles round trip
We were down 3 years ago and saw the f1's and the quattro s1 etc very memorable no to mention the bucket loads of scantily clad totty.

Rorty

posted on 14/11/05 at 04:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NS Dev
Will be great to watch a few people as they see just how ludicrously fast those "little cars with the wheels that stick out" really are!!

We run the same (BEC) cars, but over the equivilent of a motocross track with 14+ inches of wheel travel. Now that IS exciting!
I used to love the autograss racing when I lived in Somerset.
I used to visit Brands and Lydon Hill to witness the likes of Gollop and Martin Schanke tearing around the autocross circuits. It has to be the ultimate motorsport; to obtain those sorts of speed on tarmac is one thing, but to do it on a mixture of tarmac and dirt with the one tyre is just fantastic.
PLEASE somebody take a film of the event. I'd love to see the outcome of the challenge.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 14/11/05 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
I'll try to do that Rorty!

Totally agree on the rallycross thing, it is the motorsport that I aspire to do one day (just got to find a pit full of money!!!)

It is awesome to watch and as you say, to get a car to handle on both surfaces and a mixture of the two is the ultimate suspension designers challenge.

Re. the Autograss, this has got a LOT faster over the last 6 years and a fair bit more expensive at the top level. There are a good few twin-engine big bore big stroke Hayabusa 1600cc powered class 10's around now with nearly 500 hp in total in under 500kg.

To be competitive with a v8 now it needs to have a supercharger on it and be pushing out well over 500hp to even have the slightest chance. There was a very nice class 7 saloon with a supercharged transverse rear mounted 5 litre rover v8, a no expense spared jobbie, that was matching the bike powered 7's but it was very close and again the rover was reputedly making circa 450hp.

My class 9 with it's 200hp vauxhall engine is pretty tame by comparison!

[Edited on 14/11/05 by NS Dev]

Alan B

posted on 14/11/05 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Ah Rallycross...this takes me back...almost 30 years...yikes!!..

I had an Anglia with mostly Lotus Cortina running gear....competed at the now defunct Longridge track, nr Preston....Ah fun days indeed...

stevebubs

posted on 14/11/05 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
If anyone has any spare tickets for the "trade" days, can I can probably take them off your hands...

Stephen

sgraber

posted on 14/11/05 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Please take photos, and if you can get in the paddock, I would love to see lots of photos of the dual BEC units if at all possible?

Thanks!

Graber

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

NS Dev

posted on 22/11/05 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
I'll do my best, but certainly a few twin bike setup pics will be no probs, two of the chaps in our club run these (one twin gixxer 1100 mini pickup and one open wheeler with twin blackbirds)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.