Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Go easy!!!
marktigere1

posted on 7/12/05 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Go easy!!!

Interesting drive into work this morning.

Country road, no sign of ice until I hit a corner. Car goes straight on, don't brake, car slides so apply opposite lock. No grip, ice!!! Car bites and back end goes. Hold slide with opposite lock and then car slides again.

Car on the straight now. Back end goes again and I'm heading for the big ditch on the offside. Bracing for a big off when the car finds grip. Back end goes again etc etc etc.

After 5 tank slappers (I think, lost count in the excitement) finally I get control.

Luckily no one was coming the other way.

Big trouser moment but I wish someone could have seen the grin on my face for saving the car

Never a camcorder around when you want one. That was a big 'who's been framed moment'.

So, be careful on the way home tonight.

I know I will.

Cheers

Mark

PS. Ice is scary when you have no control over the car

[Edited on 7/12/05 by marktigere1]

If a bolt is stuck force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!!!
(My Dad 1991)

colibriman

posted on 7/12/05 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Well saved! deffo brown trousers stuff...

my son's pal wasn't so lucky last night...I had a call at 1 this morning from my son looking for a tow rope. His pal went straight on at a country road corner into some bollards and rocks.....Knacked the front end of the car and underside of the engine etc - thankfully unhurt though.

as you say....go easy everyone...

need a bike engine? - www.colibriman.com

SVA ready Mk Indyblade possibly for sale.....if the offers good...!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ufe777

posted on 7/12/05 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
Reminds me of an accident I was quite close to once when I was looking for a job around Oxford and staying in my campervan off the beaten track. Myself and my wife were sitting down to dinner when we heard a bit of tyre screetching and then a big bang. I immediately thought the worst so I told the wife to get the first aid kit while I went and had a look. I find a bloke wandering around on the road somewhat dazed and his car upside down perched on the hedge by the side of the road. There was a 2 inch thick branch sticking straight through his sunroof about 2 feet into the car, he was very lucky not to get impaled.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.