Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Parts
gary gsx

posted on 8/12/05 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Parts

Right oh how many people have ordered parts from gts? How long was postage? after payment through paypal did you get comformation of sale etc.

Moneys gone from paypal 2 weeks 3 emails 2 phone calls and nowt
Should i have the arse or what if it was body work id understand but a few bushes and brackets

Sorry to moan but i want to get on

andyharding

posted on 8/12/05 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
Take your money and don't send your goods - sounds like a good way to get rich to me!

Their website is illegal as it doesn't show their trading address or comply with the distance selling regs.

It's beyond me how they stay in business!

There is only one way to treat these companies that have their heads so far up their arses that they think customers are not important... Ring them up and tell them you will report them to trading standards if you don't have your parts or your money back tomorrow.

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

Gav

posted on 8/12/05 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
I have just received my dedion, wishbones and polly bushes, after ordering them at the end of august, i was told i would have the majority of my parts, except this wasnt the majority of the parts, i didnt evan get the suspension bolt set, does it really take 3 1/2 months to get bolts in stock, or ball joints?
ive tried several email and phones calls to darrens mobile/workshop and i either dont get a repy or the fax machine is plugged in.

donut

posted on 8/12/05 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Simple... DON'T deal with people like that!

This is a message for everyone else thinking of dealing with unreliable companies.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 8/12/05 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
GTS sell stuff at decent prices, Darren is a nice bloke, and his stuff is well made. The trouble is, he has continual problems with the interface to the public - it's an on-going theme here on LocostBuilders.

I still wish him the best of luck - but I just feel it's a shame that he seems to have trouble getting his company's act together...

regards,

David

flak monkey

posted on 8/12/05 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gary gsx
Right oh how many people have ordered parts from gts? How long was postage? after payment through paypal did you get comformation of sale etc.

Moneys gone from paypal 2 weeks 3 emails 2 phone calls and nowt
Should i have the arse or what if it was body work id understand but a few bushes and brackets

The best way to get hold of Darren is on his mobile.. (07859 005 985) he usually answers calls on that. Emails do tend to go unanswered....

GTS delivery times are long, and I am not entirely sure why... I know that Darrens a busy man, and is running 2 companies. Perhaps he needs more staff! Only Darren can tell you whats going on though.

All the stuff I have had from GTS has been brilliant quality, and is worth the wait, however it is frustrating when you want to get on with something!

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Gav

posted on 8/12/05 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
GTS sell stuff at decent prices, Darren is a nice bloke, and his stuff is well made. The trouble is, he has continual problems with the interface to the public - it's an on-going theme here on LocostBuilders.

I still wish him the best of luck - but I just feel it's a shame that he seems to have trouble getting his company's act together...

regards,

David

This is my centiments exactly, only i can not convey myself that well

gary gsx

posted on 8/12/05 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
The Mrs got hold of him today. Bits will be in post today or tommorrow - i'll wait and see!!!

I agree i've not heard a bad word about gts hence why i went to them. I hope the bits are good quality - i know he's a busy bloke but to keep joe public buying they need to keep them informed of order status.

David Jenkins

posted on 8/12/05 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
Good customer relations is a skill that has to be learned - ideally, working with someone who's good at it.

I've known several companies with excellent products who've lost their good name simply because they didn't know how to handle the buying public...
...even Amazon can get it wrong - they've totally cocked up the orders for the new x-boxes, and they're getting publicly slated on TV, in the papers, dozens of web forums, and so on. It's going to wreck their reputation for years.

David

[Edited on 8/12/05 by David Jenkins]

donut

posted on 8/12/05 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
I don't mean to be mean but i hate bad customer service and if he carries on the he won't have a business anymore despite the quality of his work.

I hope he succeeds in business and customer service!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scotty g

posted on 9/12/05 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
I have never had a problem with GTS and whenever i have gone to his workshop i have enjoyed some great conversations with the guys that work there.
I have heard of some people having to wait a while for their parts and thats a shame but if you could see how busy the man is its not entirely surprising. Its not my place to make excuses for him but i would say give the guy a chance to prove the doubters wrong, his stuff is top notch.
Cheers.
Scotty G.

Ian Pearson

posted on 9/12/05 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
I first bought items from Darren 4-5 years ago. I was impressed with his products, and he has always seemed extremely honest and proffesional in his dealings with me. I'm sure that all these delays are down to him overstretching his business, but I don't understand why he fails to inform people of his long lead times. Communication is vital, and it is so easy to lose a good reputation, and very hard to regain one.
mike4444244

posted on 9/12/05 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
Hi
I ordered a fairly large amount of stuff off gts in august and have only recieved a few bits, I appreciate running a company is hard work but when he refuses to answer calls or just plain bullsh*ts you on the phone then you lose confidence and patience very quickly, I have referred it to trading standards personally in the vain hope of getting a refund so I can get the parts elsewhere, incidentally the bits that have arrived are of excellent quality!
Mike

gary gsx

posted on 13/12/05 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Just to keep you informed still no bits even though they were ment to be in post friday now no answer on mobile and no reply to emails getting a tad f**ked off now
scotlad
Contributor

Posts 781
Registered 30/9/03
Location Edinburgh

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built MK Indy Blade, RH 2b Zetec, rebuilding locos

posted on 16/12/05 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
Its a pity- i've bought parts from Darren on 3 seperate occasions and have had brilliant service on each! Maybe a bit of consistency required...
gary gsx

posted on 17/12/05 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Yipeeeee got me bits friday so happy again now next question is ill be ordering body work middle of jan should i go with GTS ?????????????? help

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.