Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: top geat bugatti race
steve_gus

posted on 12/12/05 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
top geat bugatti race

How many more times are we supposed to beleive that clarkson can beat May and Hammond with seconds to spare from A to B. Its all looking a bit rigged in Clarkson's favour.....

I especially liked the bit when he had to stop to lower the rear spolier to 'make a difference' on a 1000bhp car.

atb

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevebubs

posted on 12/12/05 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
probably to improve the fuel economy rather than anything else...
zxrlocost

posted on 12/12/05 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
its just a bit of humour
most of the stuff on there is a load of crap anyway

but its a laugh

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

iank

posted on 12/12/05 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
Nice car though, except the styling of the front grill obviously. Smaller than I expected too.

The whole show was a bit pants this time.

Mansell looked less 'village people' without the tash, but still drove the Liana quicker than the f1 new blood.

smart51

posted on 12/12/05 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
It is a vehicle to show off their car of choice without "just" driving it around and saying it's nice. It adds a bit of tension to the show and is a bit of a laugh.

In a fair race it would be a cestner against a Citroen or a bugatti against a lear. We'd see who won then. Otherwise I'm sure that the "races" are aranged to show that the car is faster.

theconrodkid

posted on 12/12/05 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
funny how they allways manage a near dead heat,getting a bit boring these days....still its the only time i ever put telly on these days.
did like the empty the 100 litre tank in 12 mins bit tho

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Danozeman

posted on 12/12/05 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
That car is a beast. Sounds nice too!!

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

Project7

posted on 12/12/05 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve_gus
I especially liked the bit when he had to stop to lower the rear spolier to 'make a difference' on a 1000bhp car.
atb

You have to do that to reach the top speed in that car - which i doubt he did

DaveFJ

posted on 12/12/05 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
the hamsters constant twitterings about the speed were anoying, and his conversions were way off! 85 knots is about 100mph and 125 knots is approching 150mph. thats a consistent airspeed and without slowing for police/cameras/traffic/switzerland etc and does not include the effects of the wind which could substantially increase the ground speed. so all a little silly unless we are to believe that JC did 150mh plus average all the way to blighty...

and how did a 20 min preflight check give JC time to travel 150 miles ?

Nice car but a bit ugly and pointless IMHO. give me a £50,000 Ultima anyday

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

GaryM

posted on 12/12/05 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Surely the car JC drives is irrelevant?

I would guess it's the car the camera crew are in that determines how fast they cross country.......or do they have multiple camera crews set up at various locations along the route......methinks not!

Tiger Super Six

posted on 12/12/05 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
I might have got this wrong but I think that it is just for Entertainment, not a true scientfic test of which is quicker!!

Mark.

Mark

Tiger Avon

Spyderman

posted on 12/12/05 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger Super Six
I might have got this wrong but I think that it is just for Entertainment, not a true scientfic test of which is quicker!!

Mark.

But who's entertainment, ours or theirs?

Is getting very predictable tho'!

Nice to see Nigel still has the edge and can show most newcomers how it is done!

Spyderman

steve_gus

posted on 12/12/05 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
Its fixed on many levels.

so many points where the car was seen stroming past at speed on the motoway - as the last poster said, they would need lots of cam cars!

Also, isnt there sunmmat a little wrong about racing a bugatti at top speeds on a public road in france? Racing on the highway in the UK is as bad as a drink drive offence - the fact it was against a plane would still count in my book

How would we feel if Claude Bauguette of le toupe cogue did 150 mph down our motorways on an average day for le laff? And use his phone at the same time to check insurance quotes?

Its either all a fix, or Mr Clarkson has documented evidence of speeding in Europe on multiple occasions.....

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scotty g

posted on 12/12/05 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Who cares, its a cracking good show.
Personally i would reather spend the money on a dozen of the Marcos' than buy that pointless Bugatti! Don't care how impressive the stats are cos i don't own a racing circuit!!!!!!!!!!

Hellfire

posted on 12/12/05 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Of course it's entertainment... of course it's highly suspect but it adds to the flavour doesn't it? One thing about the nose... may be fugly but you know damned well what's behind you should one appear in your rearview mirror

Using a phone in the majority of the EU whilst driving is not illegal or frowned upon - just here!

How's the smoke SteveG??? Heard it's getting worse! Hope you're ok... is that you emailing pictures to BBC News24?

Hellfire

posted on 12/12/05 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
Another thing...........

How come The Stig never got to take it around the track like he usually does? It may be ridiculously quick in a straight line but what does it corner like. Not so good methinks

I did like the bit where he said 'if you race a Maclaren F1, you could let it get to 120mph before setting off and STILL beat it to 200mph' That is just AWESOME.

Tiger Super Six

posted on 12/12/05 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Next you'll be telling me that the bit where they raced the two porche's was edited and the crowd weren't really there!! Again it was for entertainment, the porche's went round with no crowd and they edited the crowd to make it look like they were going round when they were all there for the Rally stage.

Of course it's put together to make a show and to entertain......... bit like Casualty (they're not really ill!!) if it doesn't entertain then switch over, if it does then enjoy it!!

Besides, my seven is quicker than them all, I have a video of it beating Concorde back from New York

Mark

Tiger Avon

jonno

posted on 12/12/05 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
i dunno how true it is, but a few at work reckon that mansells number plate changed on the quick lap !! gonna have to watch it again on tuesday
jonno

posted on 12/12/05 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yea, has anyone got any idea who the stig is ?
iank

posted on 12/12/05 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jonno
Oh yea, has anyone got any idea who the stig is ?

I've heard there is more than one. Used to be Perry Macarthy. http://www.bbc.co.uk/essex/features/essex_celeb/stig.shtml

Viper

posted on 12/12/05 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
personely i don't like clarkson, i think he is a self abuser....

rusty nuts

posted on 12/12/05 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
How can you say that? he probably engoys it.
stephen_gusterson

posted on 12/12/05 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jonno
i dunno how true it is, but a few at work reckon that mansells number plate changed on the quick lap !! gonna have to watch it again on tuesday

it happened last week, so it wouldnt be a suprise.....

atb

steve

stephen_gusterson

posted on 12/12/05 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
steveg me?

nope - im in northamptonshire 70 miles north....tho my parents live in barnet which is 8-10 miles as the crow flies and south east of Hemel. Just spoke to them - recon that the sky is a bit darker than normal, but nothing amazing, and they didnt hear the bang.

atb

steve

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Of course it's entertainment... of course it's highly suspect but it adds to the flavour doesn't it? One thing about the nose... may be fugly but you know damned well what's behind you should one appear in your rearview mirror

Using a phone in the majority of the EU whilst driving is not illegal or frowned upon - just here!

How's the smoke SteveG??? Heard it's getting worse! Hope you're ok... is that you emailing pictures to BBC News24?

Tim 45

posted on 12/12/05 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
i dont think the laps they show are the actual real laps. Personally i think that they cut and edit to give the audience the most interesting overview. The time is genuine, just not for the laps that they show.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.