Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Can you help me PTM?
gadrego

posted on 18/2/03 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
Can you help me PTM?

I'm almost at the stage of deciding on a fully built kit from MK but there are a few things I would like to know before I take the plunge. I have sent a couple of Emails to Mk but have had no response and I'm a bit snowed under with work to ring them at the moment. I'd like to know how much extra the aluminium chassis would cost and whether its strong enough for a road car. I'm also keen to get an approximate price for the car I'm after which has roughly the following spec.
Aluminium IRS chassis
Yamaha R1 enigne supplied by me
Hi spec four pots
rear discs
Braced roll bar
Painted panels
Padded GRP seats
All inclusive instrument panel on Carbon dash
13"wheels with yoko 032r's
No reverse or screen or interior trim
fully sva'd and registered

kingr

posted on 18/2/03 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
One thing you've missed off your list is lots and lots of personal insurance. If you want an alloy chassis, you'll need it. Bear in mind that steel can flex within certain parameters forever, alloy on the other hand will fail after repeated flexing no matter how small. So, maybe OK if you want to use it for 1 season of racing or whatever, but not advisable if you don't have a specific service life in mind.

As hicost put it : You'd better start posting a lot on here so we can remember who you were.

If you want more performance, just slap a bigger engine in there, and if that's not enough, stick a turbo on it!! Either that or wait till Quaiffe or Radical bring out their V8 bike engines - 14000 rpm and 350bhp, madness.

Kingr

gadrego

posted on 18/2/03 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah thats what I was worried about. Maybe steel isn't such a bad metal afterall. Cheers. Do I still have to post lots as I'm about to go from hatchbacks to scary bike engined madness?
kingr

posted on 18/2/03 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hehe, well, it's still not a bad idea!

Kingr

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.