Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Show me yours !!!
Gazz

posted on 25/12/05 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Show me yours !!!

Although I haven't started building anything yet and due to some things which need to be overcome first I dont know if I will ever be able to build anything at all.

I would be interested in seeing pics of your garages (places of work). *As this could be the deciding factor which stops me building a Locost.

And also a recent picture of your car (in progress).

*I only have a wooden shed which is damp and the door on it is only 24" wide.

[Edited on 25/12/05 by Gazz]

RoadkillUK

posted on 25/12/05 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Despite the lack of manners I'll show you where ours was built.

Firstly we have my friend Grahams Garage, basically a single garage with a row of kitchen units down the side. Terribly cramped.

Then we have the second place, another friend of mine, Rick. Had to tidy the place up first but then he kept moving things into it, old cooker, cupboards, chairs, you know the kind of things.

Then to my place, I don't even have a garage and as you can see, the shed isn't much of a shed

Then I bought a house and finished the car there, no garage, no shed but I did have a cellar for the (few) parts remaining and I bought a Gazeebo for less than £8.00

Hope that helps. I don't really have a recent picture of the car, the one in the sig, as you can see, is quite old.

(Edit to fix pics)

[Edited on 25/12/05 by RoadkillUK]

[Edited on 25/12/05 by RoadkillUK]

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zxrlocost

posted on 25/12/05 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi I have a garage on the side of my house which is not quite small but not quite a double garage either and even when tidy its amazing how much room is took up

id seriously think about your shed situation first

chris

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

jock

posted on 25/12/05 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
shed

hi it is john u have u2u
Mr G

posted on 25/12/05 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
There was a post like this about show us your garage on passionford and IIRC Graceland (Paul) on here posted a few pics. A little while later the garage was broken into and his welder and other stuff stolen

With a location in your sig, details posted of your job at some point and pics of anything to help identify your address you can hand the burglar an invite if your not careful

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

big_wasa

posted on 25/12/05 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Was going to show you the lack of space I have but Mr G's post put me off

Lets just say you can never have enought space but the lack of it can be overcome.

Will and a way an-all that

Chippy

posted on 26/12/05 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Gazz, as you are a member of the forum, and you have to be to post, it's pretty simple, dial into a few photo archives, and you will soon see where and how cars were made. Places from the palatial to the poverty stricken, (and I don't mean that unkindly). But marvel at some of the wonderful creations that have been made, sometimes in the most dificult circumstances. Rant over.
bob

posted on 26/12/05 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
22ft x 11ft I moved house to build a car then built the garage,my build was over budget by over 10K before i even scrapped a donor Rescued attachment MK Indy build pics003.jpg
Rescued attachment MK Indy build pics003.jpg

derf

posted on 26/12/05 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
I started out in the basement of the apartment I was renting, got the car on all 4's and was forced to move outside after a while, Then I bought a house, and now my garage looks more like a driveway, although now I am in the market for a semi permanent tent to use, and I'll construct a wooden floor in it.

fitting the engine 2
fitting the engine 2

[Edited on 26/12/05 by derf]

wilkingj

posted on 26/12/05 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
When I started:
Luigi under the car port
Luigi under the car port

Later on, when it got cold last winter I filled the end in. Now I cant get the car out without dismantling the wall!:
Build State Oct12
Build State Oct12

Edit:
The Grey Latice ironwork on the right in the top piccy is my 40ft Radio Mast. (my other Hobby)

[Edited on 26/12/2005 by wilkingj]

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.