Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 14" wheels on sierra hubs with disc brakes
donut

posted on 30/1/06 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
14" wheels on sierra hubs with disc brakes

Will 14" Alloy wheels on sierra hubs with disc brakes all round fit ok? I know 13" ones don't fit but would all 14's be ok?

ta

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chriscook

posted on 30/1/06 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
I've got 13" alloy wheels over sierra rear calipers. Hi-specs on front so can't help you there.

Chris

Johnmor

posted on 30/1/06 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
14"

I think 14" was standard ftment for the later Sierra. Thats what I took off my donor car.
donut

posted on 30/1/06 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Yes they were but the steels are very close to the calliper so was a little worried about alloys but should be ok.

Are there any 13" wheels that would fit???????

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
aerobrick

posted on 30/1/06 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Got a J plate sierra 4x4 with 14" alloys as standard so any alloy 14" or over will fit providing they are for ford 4 stud fitment with the correct offset
Triton

posted on 31/1/06 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donut
Will 14" Alloy wheels on sierra hubs with disc brakes all round fit ok? I know 13" ones don't fit but would all 14's be ok?

ta

Yes they will fit, The Challenger (blue Lotus 11 type thing we made ooo ages ago now)had 14" alloys and disc's all round, front ones were willwood and rears std sierra if that helps.

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

NS Dev

posted on 31/1/06 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
yep, std XR4x4 alloys are 14"

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

donut

posted on 31/1/06 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
sweet!! cheers.

Andy

phelpsa

posted on 31/1/06 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
I think certain 13" wheels fit with certain offsets etc. 14" wheels are pretty much certain to fit.

Adam

rocket

posted on 20/7/06 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
rs 4 spokes

the 13" rs 4 spokes do fit the sierra uprights and calipers on mine!!!

I got them off a 1.8 glx cvh

Rgds

Roger

MK_Bob

posted on 20/7/06 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donut
Yes they were but the steels are very close to the calliper so was a little worried about alloys but should be ok.

Are there any 13" wheels that would fit???????

I've just said this in another thread, but meh. I will be using 13 x 7 Wellers over Sierra front and rear discs. Either some minor caliper grinding or small spacers will be required though.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.