Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which fuel pump for 919 blade BEC
the_fbi

posted on 4/2/06 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Which fuel pump for 919 blade BEC

I was going to use my 954 injected blade in my car, but this westy I've picked up already has a 919 carb'ed engine in it.

I presume on a carbed blade bike it would just be a gravity feed from the tank, on a BEC what's the best fuel pump to use?

Or should I just use my R1 injected pump and stick a FPR right next to the pump/tank with a return into the tank and set the FPR to what psi?

At least that way I can migrate to the 954 easily at a later date.

ta
Chris

Gav

posted on 4/2/06 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Actually i was wondering what pump to use too, ive seen on the rally design website some facet pumps that are reasonably priced
Compared to the correct bike pump from a bike i wonder if you could use one of these instead?

[Edited on 4/2/06 by Gav]

bigrich

posted on 4/2/06 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
I think the fi pump is way too powerful for carb use fi systems run over 40 psi i used a carbed bike pump first but had flooding problems the changed to a facet solid state pump and reg assy set to 1.5 psi with no further problems give mark at mac#1 a ring i think he may have these in stock or may have other options
david cromie

posted on 4/2/06 at 11:39 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel Pump

My blade engine came with pump attached. It is carbed. Have the pump fitted at the Tank and it pushes the fuel to the carbs no problem.I suggest you pick up a Honda pump and you will have no problems. The early 893cc engines had the same pump fitted. I think the cc. is correct.
JoelP

posted on 4/2/06 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
i think most carb'd bikes have a fuel pump, there are plenty on ebay. The common type is mitsubishi, fitted to most common donor bikes, and they regulate pressure themselves. Also work well on carb'd car engines (i have one with my crossflow).
zxrlocost

posted on 5/2/06 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
erm my r1 carb engine uses the r1 fuel pump no probs also carb engines dont usually have a fuel return
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 5/2/06 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
You definitely don't want to be using the FI pump, an unregulated FI pump will usually pump to about 60-100psi so reducing that down to 1-2psi is going to cause issues Im sure

The Facet route is the standard Westfield BEC setup and although for some people that combination seems to work fine, for others they found if you wind the regulator down to the pressure required, it then didnt flow enough fuel as it was too restrictive, causing a leaning out at higher revs.

For simplicity I would definitely go for the bike pump, it doesnt need a seperate regulator, does the job perfectly and you can pick them up on ebay etc as mentioned for less than £20.

If you think you might add FI later on, just put in the return feed but dont use it and also return into the tank thats blocked off, then its just a matter of swapping pumps and connecting up the return when required.

Chris

[Edited on 5/2/06 by ChrisGamlin]

mad-butcher

posted on 6/2/06 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
I used one off a 400cc kawasaki , as said mitsubishi seem to be standard fitment did a trackday at aintree with it and it kept up with the fuel demand of the blade, cost me £6 cos it wasn't off a blade,R1 etc
tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mkblade

posted on 6/2/06 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
i recently bought a set up from mac1 facet fuel pump and regulater works fine at moe
think it all cost about £60.00

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.