Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: tool chests
Aboardman

posted on 21/2/06 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
tool chests

I want to increase my tool storage chests from my cheap chest has anybody seen any good bargins around ?

just had a look at the halfords 99.00 11 drawer chest seems ok

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=209305&categoryId=31464&langI d=-1&parent_category_rn=31464&crumb=33958-33932&varient=&CarSelectorCatalogId=

or is this better
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=213195&categoryId=31464&langI d=-1&parent_category_rn=31464&crumb=33958-33932&varient=&CarSelectorCatalogId=

thanks

[Edited on 21/2/06 by Aboardman]

Gav

posted on 21/2/06 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Last time i was in John Lawsons, i forget the name of the road, the one that forks left to lower darwen after ewood.

They had some nice TengTool cases, might be worth poping in if your passing.

[Edited on 21/2/06 by Gav]

mitch2b

posted on 21/2/06 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Branch road Lower Darwen.

left at the lights 150yds on left.

HTH
Mitch

indykid

posted on 21/2/06 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
i've just been given one of the 11 drawer cabs to keeep all my fitting toolery in at work.

tbh, i'm less than impressed. the steel is paper thin, and the runners are horrid. the drawers are too shallow to fit anything more than a hefty screwdriver in at most. using the 'lock bars' soon gets old, so i've stopped locking it up after half a week.

if you want to buy from halfords for convenience, see if they can get hold of the old models of the professional line. they're obsolete, but are much better quality than the current professional cabs. you can tell the difference as the old models are a deeper, redder red. the new ones look pretty incipid, like the paint has faded. the ball bearing runners on the pro ones are worth the extra money, and try to avoid anything with the big bottom compartment. it's a complete waste of space - drawers are much better for tool storage. if you really wanted to push the boat out, get them to chase the halfords industrial cabinets, again, last year's models. they have ball bearing runners still, but better castors, and heavier gauge steel. lift latch on the drawers to boot.

ultimately, what i'm saying is, stay away from the current halfords tool storage. it's utter shite. Machine mart have better stuff better priced.

from the teng tools i've seen in the past though, i'd think their roll cabs are well worth a look, though maybe not cheap.

sorry about the long reply, but i really hate to see people waste money, when they could have had something nicer
tom

forgot to add, the 6 drawer one is the same sort of bucket of tripe, but must be a bit better, as they're willing to at least put the halfords logo on it. it still 'feels' the same though.

[Edited on 21/2/06 by indykid]

Gav

posted on 21/2/06 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Branch road! thats the one, i always forget it!
Messenjah

posted on 21/2/06 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
i was about to say i saw those halfords tool chests when i went in to get some l plates that werent magnetic because the magnetic ones wont stick to the ali pannels on the landy which is kinda what you would expect lol

and they are SHITE Imho as indykid says paper thin and abismal runners not worth the saving with any real weight in there the runners would break i wouldnt use them the saving isnt worth it afaiac

(as far as i am concerned)

Aboardman

posted on 21/2/06 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
I must admit that the drawers / construction on the 11 drawer was no better than my cheap one i have and the drawers stick on that when there is anything in it.

and all the other ones apart from the ball bearing ones where locked so could not tell how they where. the ball bearing ones where nice.

Thanks Gav will look at branch road on saturday.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.