Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Trimming Carpets
Jeffers_S13

posted on 15/3/06 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Trimming Carpets

Started to cut the carpets out for my interior. I was going to put edging on them myself (or rather I was going to get my gf to do it...) but the sewing machine she has isnt up to going through, effectively, two layers of vinyl AND the carpet in one go.

Can anyone recommend anyone in the midlands area (ideally Coventry) that can do this for me ?

viatron

posted on 15/3/06 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
if you cut them to size and just want them binding then i am sure that intatrim will do them buy post at a good price.

http://www.intatrimtelford.co.uk/
Tel: (01952) 641712
Mac

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DaveFJ

posted on 15/3/06 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
have a word with your local carpet dealers (as in household carpet). I know of at least one shop in Ipswich that runs a sideline in re-carpeting Mercedes for the local dealership....
I wouldn't bother going to a big chain store but a smaller shop should know 'a man that can'

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

David Jenkins

posted on 15/3/06 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
You could also look in your local yellow pages for "upholsterer" - they'll have the skill and the technology.

02GF74

posted on 15/3/06 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
or have mat type carpets with a solid base that does not fray, cut to shape and glue in place.
soggy

posted on 15/3/06 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
Nearly finished then mate, if you do find anyone local give me a shout as i have a couple that will need doing.

if at first u dont succeed use a bigger hammer!

Jeffers_S13

posted on 16/3/06 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for replies, Id like to see whats gonna be done and speak to the people so not that keen on posting it away. Id also like the carpet removeable, so Ive already made the decision not to glue it in.

Well Ive found a place in Southam, via the net, that can 'whip' the edges of carpets but Im not sure the carpet I have will be up for it. Its, AFAIK, decent car interior carpet but it has a plastic/rubbery backing which I think would be sort of cut off if the edges were whipped looking at how its done. Might just try a few furniture upholsterers then if nobody can recommend anyone local and see if I can find a decent friendly place myself. Its always the back street sort of places you need for this sort of thing but they tend not to be that prominent in Yellow pages etc. best to find someone through word of mouth I find.

Soggy - Yep, nearly done (ish), bar the windscreen... need to give Barry a ring about it again. Have you made any progress on yours ??

soggy

posted on 16/3/06 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Yes a lot of progress its all coming together nicely ,will be at stonleigh this year with it but doubt it will be sva passed
by then, trailer job it will be
Will be good to finally drive it as its been 3 years now!.must meet up at the show if you make it.

if at first u dont succeed use a bigger hammer!

Jeffers_S13

posted on 4/4/06 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
Got my carpets back from Southam Carpets, the edges look brilliant, very OEM looking. Well chuffed, cost me about £23 for 8.7m of edging, its £2.70 a metre. Friendly peeps there aswell, highly recommended.

edit : Just to clarify, I had the edges 'whipped'. Search on google for pics of what I mean.

[Edited on 4/4/06 by Jeffers_S13]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.