Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GRP & Carbon Fibre Seats
SMB

posted on 27/3/06 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
GRP & Carbon Fibre Seats

Hi, as you have seen from the previous post (seat pads) i can supply GRP Seats for either kit cars or road cars. The pic of the seat with maroon pads is the top of the range seat, double skinned and large (height 960mm, base length 700mm, base width 440mm, shoulder width 520mm and hip width 360mm) but am also able to supply single skin and by stoneliegh will be able to supply narrow body for Westfields etc.

Prices will be very competitive, with the budget GRP seats being cheap going all the way up to the double skinned seats at £350 EACH. But u2u me for full prices and special deals.

Have a carbon fibre single skin with pads at £150. Please u2u for measurements.

Thanks

Matthew
(how do i become a trader? who do i contact?) Rescued attachment CF Kit Seat.jpg
Rescued attachment CF Kit Seat.jpg

ned

posted on 27/3/06 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
Contact chrisw about being a registered trader on this site.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
birt

posted on 4/4/06 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
Any chance of any narrow enough to fit a Phoenix/Striker?

I think they need to be about 340mm-350mm wide at the base to fit! (like the Intertrim Odysseys are)

Triton

posted on 5/4/06 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
I have been asked the very same question regarding seats to fit the Striker etc What I do have are the seats pictured,they are 15" wide at the front lower edge. Rescued attachment Low back kitcar seat.png
Rescued attachment Low back kitcar seat.png

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
birt

posted on 5/4/06 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
I would have to measure tonight but I think these would be too wide (15" = 380mm).

Please don't take offense, but these look like they don't offer a great deal of lateral support and it would be nice if they were taller like most others.

As can be seen from my Avtar, I currently have the Intertrim Odysseys fitted but they weigh about 7.5Kg each which is reasonbly light but it would be nice to shed a few more Kgs.

How much do all these different fibre glass/carbon seats weigh anyway?

stevebubs

posted on 5/4/06 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by birt
Any chance of any narrow enough to fit a Phoenix/Striker?

I think they need to be about 340mm-350mm wide at the base to fit! (like the Intertrim Odysseys are)

Westfield sports seats should fit...not cheap, though

Triton

posted on 5/4/06 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
I know they are uncomfortable as well like sitting on a plank of wood.

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

birt

posted on 5/4/06 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
The Westfields, or the yellow ones?
Triton

posted on 5/4/06 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
No not Westfield just something I have kicking about.
Just measured the base on my seats and they are 370mm wide on the narrow ones. Strikers etc must be small!

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

birt

posted on 5/4/06 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
The attached picture shows the dimensions and a pic of the Odessyes in situ.

At the base of the front of the seats the measurment is as small as 340mm due to the outbord chassis rail. Slightly higher than this the gap becomes 370mm (pannel to pannel) and the higher you go the more room there is since the transmission tunnel gets narower towards the top. The Odessyes take advantage of this by flaring out to fill the space but their base is still only 340mm. You can also see that the base of the Odessyes do not fill the gap at the back where the gap opens out to 410mm but the lateral supports higher up are a tight fit.

This is the same as the Striker.

Raw have managed to make some carbon fibre seats that fit which are of a similar design to 'Tritons' and 'SMBs' high-back seats but the pair I saw were poor quality. Rescued attachment seats.JPG
Rescued attachment seats.JPG

Triton

posted on 5/4/06 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Birt,
I have a plan so cunning you can put a tail on it and call it a weasel So will u2u you to see what you think.

Mark

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

jimgiblett

posted on 7/4/06 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
I too am looking for some seats for my Phoenix. Can you U2U me your cunning plan
SMB

posted on 8/4/06 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
Have in the mould some very "tight" seats, ideal for these. Now have 5 different seats avaible, just sorting the measurements and prices, together with the options list. This like harness holes, edge trimming, seat pads, alloy subframes and gel colour options.

Matthew

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.