Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Steering Wheel Height
timwest167

posted on 7/4/06 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
Steering Wheel Height

After a few comments on the height of my steering wheel - It's as low as I could get it on my Avon, but most Avons are high - I was wondering if people could measure vertically from the centre of their steering wheel to the floor. Doesn't matter what 7 replica you have, I'd be interested to know...

Thanks,

Tim

DarrenW

posted on 7/4/06 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
i had that problem at SVA. Im not sure the distance you request will help as SVA use a 'gauge' from the drivers seat.

At SVA i had adjustable column and std sierra wheel. Tester was a touch shorter than me and sitting in the car the top of wheel was in his eyeline looking forward. Because of this he got the gauge out. I quick check might be to get someone around 5'10 to sit in car and make sure their view thro a theoretical windscreen is not obscured by the wheel.

To fix mine i had to lower the column (column brackets need some slight adjustication - not the chassis brackets) and fit smaller aftermarket wheel (approx 13" with collapsible boss. At retest he just sat in and confirmed it was OK - gauge didnt come out again.

Does this help?

mark chandler

posted on 7/4/06 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
I don,t know if its of much help as I have yet to fit seats but mines coming in with the centre of the wheel 20" from the floor.

I prefer an angled wheel so have taken the column under splash panel that covers your feet, most seem to go over this and straight into the car.

Regards Mark

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.