Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: At Last - Seat Sizes and Prices !!!
SMB

posted on 15/4/06 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
At Last - Seat Sizes and Prices !!!

At long last some sizes and prices of seats. Also details of the different materials used and options. Please be aware that 2 different seats are still in the moulds and being sorted out. This will give 5 different seats, 4 different materials that can be used, different gel coats, seat pads, side mount alloy subframes, and all this with a 10 working day turn around.

Big Seat: Shoulder 46cm (460mm) Base 43cm (430mm) Inner Waist 38cm (380mm)
Price: £105 EACH, these include Harness Slots, £95 without.

Mid Range: Shoulder 44cm (440mm) Base 39cm (390mm) Inner Waist 38cm (380mm) Price: £180 EACH, these ARE FULLY TRIMMED, WITH HIP SLOTS CUT. Not cheap but very very well made and trimmed.

Retro: Shoulder 40cm (400mm), Base 46cm (460mm) Inner waist 38cm (380mm)
Price: At the moment these are only avaible in Carbon Fibre showing weave, Woven are being made this week to work out price.

ALL seats are made out of woven, which is STRONGER than CSM, however, seats can be made out of CSM if wanted (dont know why since it is not as strong) and Carbon Fibre to Special Order.

Very thin seats are in the mould now, prices and measurements (with pics) are being sorted out. New style "retro" seat is also in pipeline.

Orders will be completed within 10 WORKING DAYS of receipt of money. Please u2u me your email addy for me to send pics of seats.

Matthew

Humbug

posted on 15/4/06 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
I would be interested in pics of the "big seat"... couple of questions (which others might be interested in knowing the answers to as well, so I am posting here rather than U2Uing) :

Are they double skinned (could do with a pic of front and back)?

Are the edges rolled, or do they need covering with U trim a la MK?

Do they have fixings for "normal" runners?

If not, what are the prices of the of the side mount frames?

What colours are available?

What are the 4 materials (I see woven, CSM and carbon fibre listed)?

Do the prices include delivery?

I am sure other people will have more questions

Cheers

SMB

posted on 15/4/06 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, the big seats can be done in Double Skin, this of course costs more money, and are sent out fully trimmed (you can special order the seat without trim).

The edges are rolled and have rubber trim as well. (on the big seat)

They are side mounted as standard, however if need be, seats can be done for base mount, and as such will have a look at the best way to mount and look at supplying base mount subframes (cobra do slideing mounts)

4 materials are: CSM, Woven, Kevlar & Carbon Fibre.

Gel coat colours are massive, you have greens, reds, yellows, blues etc etc

Alloy subframes are avaible, these are special order and are £30 per seat set.

Price does not include postage, but that is £15 for next day delivery.

However, i will be at stoneligh kit show, and will have a number of seats with me, if you want to touch and feel before buying.

If you live within 50 miles of Chester then i will drop em off free. Upto 150 miles is £20 petrol money.

Matthew

Humbug

posted on 15/4/06 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
OK, thanks... you know what I am getting at though: inevitably, people are going to be comparing your seats with Triton's, so I was just trying to see what things are the same (or similar) and what are not. Triton's, for example, are reinforced at the bottom of the back, etc. (which is what I meant by double skinned - may be the wrong term) and also have threaded inserts for simple mounting using M8 bolts/threaded rods instead of having to have subframes.

If you can post some pictures I am sure it would be helpful to people (btw I saw that you do have a couple of pics in your archive)

Thanks

P.S. I will not be at Stoneleigh, so pics are the closest I am going to get to these for the time being

Triton

posted on 15/4/06 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
I think Mr Humbug means this type of thing. Rescued attachment Rear of smoothy low sided 2.jpg
Rescued attachment Rear of smoothy low sided 2.jpg

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Humbug

posted on 15/4/06 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
I think Mr Humbug means this type of thing.

Thanks, Mr Triton - that's exactly what I mean!

Triton

posted on 15/4/06 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
I think Mr Humbug means this type of thing.

Thanks, Mr Triton - that's exactly what I mean!

t
No worries and the inserts are M8 doodahs

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SMB

posted on 15/4/06 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Of course people are going to compair, thats all the fun isnt it?

But if people want base mounted then seats can be made to accept them.

But will sort more and more pics out, showing full seat, base, sides, etc

Matthew

Triton

posted on 15/4/06 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Competition is a good thing as is the feedback from happy and even the not so happy folk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

SMB

posted on 15/4/06 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Oh, i forgot before. But double skinned is where you have 2 skins. The one most commonly used is single skin, this is a single piece seat. Double skinned is a 2 piece mould. A Front and a Back, these are then formed together. This makes for a VERY VERY strong seat, but the amount of time to make is 3x's longer. Also takes 2 moulds (plugs) to do, a Male and a Female.

Looking at the bases of the seats today, and i can see a better way of mounting them, whilst this will take a lot more involvement when making them, they will make it alot stronger, but will need more feed back from you lot to see if its worth sorting out base mounts.

Matthew

Triton

posted on 16/4/06 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
Indeedly a second skin is a second skin....mine is just the same way round as the seat tis all and bonded on while main section is still on the mould....2 moulds 4 processes...

But then there is this seat with it's gel coat finish on all outer faces Rescued attachment back of retro chair a.png
Rescued attachment back of retro chair a.png

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

hearnia

posted on 16/4/06 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Is there any chance you could get some weights of the variations please? I'd be interested in a pair of carbon fibre ones but not too sure on the size at the moment.

Thanks in advance.
Joe

Never compromise on a good earth!

SMB

posted on 17/4/06 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
Am sorting out weights as we speak, they will be weighed bare, trimmed and then in the various materials as well.

I was at a Mini Show on Sunday and the seats went down very well, the only problem is that people dont expect such style of seat to be at Mini Shows.

Matthew

Syd Bridge

posted on 17/4/06 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Resin Injection Moulding, or RTF moulding....
Male and female moulds, smooth finish both sides, single operation.

But, I'm not getting into seat making! I've already got an 18year old mould, and that's good enough for me! When it breaks, I'll buy from Triton.

Cheers,
Syd.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.