Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Quad
Jon Ison

posted on 19/4/06 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Quad

Don't have to be all singing and dancing, will be used by our lass for going up n down field, maybe would have too tow a small trailer from time too time, anyone got anything suitable lurking around ?

Any tips too be had, don't know a lot about them, guess 4 stroke would be best with an auto box ?

Jon Ison

posted on 19/4/06 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
I'm pretty sure with a blade motor she may just flip the front over.........

Ive had a look on ebay but it looks like a minefield for someone like me who's not in the know, there are hundreds.......

Aboardman

posted on 19/4/06 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
off subject but have you seen the quads on the road, i always thought they where not road legal but there has been a number driving around blackburn.
phelpsa

posted on 19/4/06 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
How old is she?

I had a Suzuki LT80 when I was younger. Small, nippy but not fast, easily maintained. 2-Stroke but mixes by itself. I had one for 6 years and nothing went wrong.

I sold my LT80 after 6 years for £1100, it cost £1600 new.

Alternatively there are plenty of 4-stroke quads made by lesser known companys, quite a few of which use the same running gear and engines. A lot of these have been known to fail under hard use.

Adam

[Edited on 19-4-06 by phelpsa]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bilbo

posted on 19/4/06 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aboardman
off subject but have you seen the quads on the road, i always thought they where not road legal but there has been a number driving around blackburn.

I saw one on the road in Newark the other day and thought the same. It had number plates and all? The driver and passenger (or should that be rider and pillion?) were not wearing helmets - Maybe they're classed like trikes?

Oliver Coles

posted on 19/4/06 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Are you sure that a quad is a good idea?
It take one wheel to dig in and it could flip right over. the centre of gravity is to high.
I found a ferguson tractor in this months practical classics that could be a alternative.

Only 16 and i have already had my midlife crisis

phelpsa

posted on 19/4/06 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
I only managed to roll my quad once, that was taking a corner across a gradient far too fast in my garden. It didnt weigh much, and it just sat on top of me in a bush. I pushed it off, hopped back on and carried on.

Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
k33ts

posted on 19/4/06 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
i had this on the road ltz 400, fully road legal, insurance is a killer though!!

tukcustoms.com

k33ts

posted on 19/4/06 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
i brought this for my sons 3rd birthday 50cc 4 stroke automatic of ebay for £300 i think there cheaper now.
ive seen some similiar but werent as good as this one as they all had semi auto boxes.
hes been riding with no probs atall easily restricted to walking pace and also came with a remote keythob to kill the engine which worked upto 100ft away.
best £300 ive spent.

tukcustoms.com

fatfranky

posted on 19/4/06 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
In the true locost theme, how about building your own?

http://www.diyden.net/html/plans.html

Can someone help if the link does not work

Regards

Frank

tom court

posted on 19/4/06 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
i have a apacie 100cc in my garage. donot run at the moment but should not take much to get it going. if you are interested make me an offer or come and have a look

cheers tom
u2u if any body interested

[Edited on 19/4/06 by tom court]

Jon Ison

posted on 20/4/06 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Did you not get my u2u ?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.